This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD HD Live - Anyone using ?

I have a Western Digital HD Live on the way - I have always bought NON Blue Ray movies since I don't have a BR player. But the WD HDLive is suppose to stream 1080p stuff. Will this product produce a hard drive version of a BR that I can stream?

Since this is not a DVDFab Blu-ray to Blu-ray problem I moved the thread to General Questions

Comment

I bought one back before Christmas and returned it. I was not happy with the interface and was having trouble with audio - visual syncing. Hopefully you will have better luck then me. I really wanted the WDLive to work but it didn't. I've always built my own pc's so I ended up building a media center pc strictly to run Media Browser within Media Center. If you are not familiar with this set up do a search in Google, its incredible. I rip my BluRays (and regular DVD's that do not have a BluRay version yet) with DVDFAB and then convert / compress to 720P H264 MP4 with Ripbot. I've got about 300 movies in the box and almost never throw a disc in the player anymore.

Comment

This is just a streaming box, that you can network or use with an external drive. It will play BR files. Sure. But you better pack alot hard drive space. You need to use DVDFAB to create the file. Your WD Box will just play it on your lcd tv at 1080p. I was going to buy one, but I read up somewhere that you could only play movies of an external in an ISO format not VTS_Folder.

Comment

I've got 4 movies on external drive attached to my WD HD in VTS folders(copied using DVDFab..) and they play fine, with none of the hesitation reported by some users when changing from one VOB to the next. PQ is good, considering they were copies of Bali DVDs, no voice sync problems observed, audio is AC3 5.1.
          Movies are a mixture of animated and live actor types..
          New to this sofar and have yet to try a ripped Bluray..

Comment

DO I need BR 2 BR

My question is do I need to buy BR to BR software? I now own DVD to DVD which works GREAT for regular DVDs.

But before I can tell if the WD HD Live can stream BR movies I will need a BR movie stored on the NAS I have. I am assuming that DVD to DVD will NOT work on BR movies. I am also assuming that my DVD drive will NOT work on a BR disc.

So to find out I will need:

BR drive for my PC.
            Software to rip the BR disc - (which one).

Storage will not be a problem 4Tb NAS.

Thanks

Comment

Yes you would need a BR drive and the Blu-ray to Blu-ray option for DVDFab

Comment

Working...
              X