This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I change read/write settings?

I've just purchased DVDFab 6.2.1.8 and have to go through 10 minutes of read, then it starts all over to write, which is another ten minutes. When I was copying discs during the trial period it did both at the same time. Can anyone help me out?

All I am doing is burning dvd movies to my hard drive and burning discs from my hard drive.

Thanks!

DVDFab does not burn on the fly. DVDFab will read and copy the DVD to a temp folder on hard drive and then it will burn those to a blank DVD. If all you want to do is save the DVD Files to hard drive and burn them to DVD at a later time then click the folder next to the Target dropdown and choose where you want it saved. Then when you decide to burn to DVD just use that file you saved as the source and your DVD drive as the target

Comment

wish I was more technical..

ok, got what you said.. been there, do that. So... why does the write suddenly take as long as the read? It was never like that until I purchased the program! I used to be able to rip a movie to the hard drive in anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. Now it takes twice as long - because the program takes 10 minutes to read and 10 minutes to write - not anything to do with my computer. Any thoughts or ideas as to why that is? Before, it took the 10 minutes, followed by approximately half a minute to complete! Now it goes through the process twice!

I apologize for not being more computer savvy, but I'm describing this based on what i've observed through the trial period. It is not the same, and I'd like to get it back to the way it was!

Thanks

Comment

maybe check to see if your DVD drive reverted to PIO mode and not in DMA any more. To fix that you can use the Reset DMA that is located in common settings General which is the green dot with Checkmark top right of DVDFab screen. Also it takes about 20 minutes for my computer to rip and save a DVD to hard drive and an additional 3 to 5 minutes to burn depending on the burn speed I have set for the blank media I am using at the time

Comment

Working...
        X