External DVD writer issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External DVD writer issue

I have a really odd occurrence that recently happened. I have a LG 24x external dvd writer/GE24. It has worked for awhile then suddenly about a week ago when i updated DVDFAB, when I try to back up and dvd. It does not work and kicks to the email screen about dvdfab encountered a problem do you want to email us, which I have. So I updated the software on the external drive, did all I could and put a dvd in and it just keeps kicking to the encountered issue screen. So ok, maybe the dvd drive was old or something so I went and bought a new one and the same issue.

The weird thing is I have the exact same external dvd write on my mac and it works perfectly with dvdfab. So got another different LG writer and it works for the most part, I mean better then the other one.

So why would an external dvd writer that worked for so long all of a sudden stop working after a dvdfab update? I sent email with the log when it asked me too, not sure where it is or if anyone ever sees it. It just seems like something within dvdfab and the external drive is being blocked or something. I don't know if it is a windows 10 thing or the dvd writer itself or dvdfab. I just find it very odd it works on mac version perfectly and not on the windows version when it worked forever.

Hope that makes some sense but I really like the dvd writer and hoping some way it can start working again.

If anyone can help or maybe has same issue, let me know

Thanks

Kevin

Try a different USB port on the PC, while unlikely they do go squirrely sometimes.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I did try that. I have a 5 port hub I tried using that. And tried using other ports on back of computer. Same result.

Comment

try uninstalling the drive, restart your computer and let windows reinstall the drive.
        also try clicking common settings - drives - check to see if the external drive is shown.

Comment

yeah still not working correctly...

I even tried to attach error log here, it is way way too large and wont paste here.

Comment

I unplugged it, tried it with my Mac and it works perfectly. But it will not work on my Windows computer. Really weird. Same machine, I plugged it in to Mac and it works. Not sure if some weird update recently on my windows is preventing it from working. But the other LG I have plugged in to my PC works.

Comment

try checking your firewall / antivirus software.

Comment

Firewall was ok...anitvirus wasn't blocking anything. The dvd writer is checked in dvdfab settings. And now everything is not working. Neither dvd writer works. Doesn't matter what disc I use, I have used 10-12 discs. Now it goes straight to report-info log and won't even scan disc at all now. So it is worse now then ever before, I can't even use the one LG drive that was working perfectly

Comment

I uninstalled dvdfab...turned computer off...ran cleaner..ran anti virus...reinstalled dvdfab...still issue with dvdwriter not recognizing disc, not reading it. Goes straight to the log. I send email to support with the error log since it won't post here...... idk what is going on. This is crazy. Even the dvd drive on the actual computer isn't working now and it was working just a bit ago. Everything goes right to report info. Nothing is happening when I put disc in, in spins for a second then goes right to the dvdfab encountered a problem, email us page...everytime

Comment

does your computer have all the latest updates ??
                    and are you running dvdfab " as administrator "
                    also are you running the x86 version of dvdfab or the 64bit version of dvdfab

Comment

Yes computer is up to date. This kinda started when updates were made and I updated dvdfab to newest version. No I am running dvdfab like I always have, not as admin. and now running 64 bit cause someone named Mona in my mailbox told me to update to 64 bit. It is totally bizarre to me. Just seems like the computer isn't recognizing the writer anymore. Even after I uninstall and reinstall. And it is bizarre the same writer works on dvdfab on my Macbook......I know it is probably something simple being missed but its annoying at this point

Comment

Sorry Faith is replying via email not Mona my bad....

Comment

Does the drive work on software other than Fab on the Windows computer?
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah.... it is so odd. I sent the error log from fab when it goes to the encountered problem screen, it asks you to email it and I did. Not sure where it goes but actually have sent it several times. But at least I have Mac right now to back up, but I just find it odd :P

Comment

What is the OS version of your Windows PC? Did you happen to update your Windows version before this problem happened?
                              You did try plugging the drive without the hub to your Windows PC right?

Comment

Working...
                              X