Main Movie & Full Disc Hanging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Movie & Full Disc Hanging?

Recently upgraded to 11.x. But problems are occurring when I try to rip main movie or shrink w/ full disc. In the current case, I was trying to do a main-movie backup of the 20th-anniversary "Can't Hardly Wait" Blu-ray. It was stuck on "the task shall start in a couple of minutes" for like 20+ minutes (w/ no activity from the optical drive). When I tried to cancel, the program locked up. So, then I went back and ripped it on the final version of 10. Started & ran within moments.

Originally posted by Madness View Post
    Recently upgraded to 11.x. But problems are occurring when I try to rip main movie or shrink w/ full disc. In the current case, I was trying to do a main-movie backup of the 20th-anniversary "Can't Hardly Wait" Blu-ray. It was stuck on "the task shall start in a couple of minutes" for like 20+ minutes (w/ no activity from the optical drive). When I tried to cancel, the program locked up. So, then I went back and ripped it on the final version of 10. Started & ran within moments.
    Please post dvdfab_internal.log file from DVDFab 11 log folder and the one from DVDFab 10 log folder too. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry for the delay; but here are the log from both versions. E.zip

Comment

Sorry for the delay; but here are the log from both versions. [ATTACH]n361776[/ATTACH]
        We don't have this "20th-anniversary "Can't Hardly Wait" Blu-ray" for testing, so we test other movies, they all work.

In this case, did you get the same problem with other movies? Please specify them.

If the problem is only for this special one, please use v10 to clone an iso file from the original movie disc, and then load it to v11 to try again and see if it will make a difference. Please feedback with the latest log files too. Thanks.

Comment

Been away for a couple weeks, but every movie that's been tried either Main Movie or Full Disc (Clone works as-is) has had this problem. So, after a few more fails, I took a look at the log itself, and saw (for each disc) a bunch (6 or more) of these lines:

error curl post: Couldn't connect to server, http status code: 0

Now, after the initial disc scan, it syncs w/ the "META" server (which works fine). But after, when trying either of the failed options, it appears that the program is trying to connect to a *different* server (curious: why?). This second connection-attempt is getting blocked by my firewall. So, if I temporarily lower my outbound protection, the connection is made, followed by success in backing up the movie. So, what is this second server's IP/URL (so I can create a rule for it)?

Comment

Been away for a couple weeks, but every movie that's been tried either Main Movie or Full Disc (Clone works as-is) has had this problem. So, after a few more fails, I took a look at the log itself, and saw (for each disc) a bunch (6 or more) of these lines:

error curl post: Couldn't connect to server, http status code: 0

Now, after the initial disc scan, it syncs w/ the "META" server (which works fine). But after, when trying either of the failed options, it appears that the program is trying to connect to a *different* server (curious: why?). This second connection-attempt is getting blocked by my firewall. So, if I temporarily lower my outbound protection, the connection is made, followed by success in backing up the movie. So, what is this second server's IP/URL (so I can create a rule for it)?
            A new version of dvdfab was just released today
            so you might want to install it post your results
            Again if you're still having problems.

Comment

Working...
            X