Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unable to get mkv videos to pass through.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have been having all sorts of trouble trying to upload my files. After 15 hours I was up to about 87% of the short file of four. But then I decided to try uploading the logs from my uploading attempt. That caused me to lose the continuation of the transfer, and so it is starting the upload from the beginning. I think it would be a lot quicker for me to send you a disk with the files.
    At first I assumed my upload problems were related to our bad internet service here. It gets really bad when it rains and it has rained a lot. But it hasn't rained in a couple of days and I expected the connection to get better. Actually, it was slightly better today.
    So I have successfully uploaded a copy of the log from Filezilla. If you look in my folder, and in the subfolder called Upload Log, you will see a text file showing my upload progress. Perhaps you can find a solution. the only things I have set in Filezilla are the Host, Username and Password. otherwise everything seems to work as expected, except that the upload keeps getting interrupted. It seems to upload some data only on the first attempt of each connection. I have to wait 15 minutes and then start the upload again.

Comment

Here I am attaching a file that is the MediaInfo analysis of my video file from Premier Pro. this is before converting it to .mkv using Hybrid.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here I am attaching a text file that is a MediaInfo analysis of the .mov file coming from Davinci Resolve. This file is HDR-10. But the metadata is not present. This is before processing it with Hybrid to add the metadata, and to change containers to .mvk
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a text file which is the MediaInfo analysis of the video file from Resolve, after putting it through Hybrid to add the HDR-10 metadata, and to change the container to .mvk
          Attached Files

Comment

Here I have attached a text file which is the MediaInfo analysis of the file from Adobe Premier Pro, after passing it through Hybrid to change packages only, to .mkv. This took about 20 seconds.
            Attached Files

Comment

I managed to get the first file to resume upload. After another four hours it completed. I have successfully uploaded the smallest of four files. Inside my folder is a subfolder called DaVinci Samples. inside that subfolder is the file I uploaded. It is ShortSample.mkv 19,490,467 kb, and is something like 45 seconds long. To make this file I rendered a short portion of my Davinci Resolve file. Then I processed it in Hybrid to add the HDR-10 metadata and change the container to an .mkv file. This file is much shorter than the unprocessed file directly from resolve, which I haven't uploaded yet. That file is 82.500,281 kb.

Comment

While FTPing, I inadvertently created two files and a folder. I tried to delete them but it wouldn't let me. I created another folder "Obsolete" where I thought I could move the unwanted files. It doesn't let me move files in my folder either. Please delete the folder "Obsolete", which is empty. The two files that need to be deleted are shorter versions of files we don't want to delete. They are ShortSample.mkv 2,224,866 kb., and ShortSample.mov 3,572,180 kb. These two files are located in the folder that needs to be deleted, which is a duplicate of a folder we must not delete. Both Folders are named DavinciSamples. the folder that needs to be deleted is inside the folder that must not be deleted. The folder that needs to be deleted has two files in it. The folder that must not be deleted has two folders and two files in it. One of those two folders is the one we want to delete. Please delete that folder, the obsolete folder, and this post. Just found another. There is one more useless file that needs to be deleted. It is ShortSample.mkv 1,310,720 kb. This is an even shorter version of the file I successfully uploaded, that we must not delete, which is about 17 times larger. Thank You.

Comment

Oops, in number 19 I accidentally typed mvk instead of mkv. Could you please fix that ?

Comment

Originally posted by MicheleM79 View Post

Thanks to you. I cut a 5 minutes sample from one of my UHD MKV (not touched anything, it's only a portion) and I've tested it in DVDFab to make sure it gives the same behaviour.
                    I've uploaded this MKV sample on FTP based on your instructions (my name and mail address), along with the log file from the program (dvdfab_internal log).
                    I also attached the log file in this message, along with the complete mediainfo analysis export file.

Hope you can solve,
                    Thanks in advance
                    Michele
                    Thank you. The file has been downloaded and the log and the media info has been submitted to the QA team. Any news from our side, we will let you know. Thanks again.

Comment

@Crash Landing

All your media info files are downloaded and submitted to the QA team.

Also, I am downloading your FTP files now.

Comment

Originally posted by Crash Landing View Post
                        While FTPing, I inadvertently created two files and a folder. I tried to delete them but it wouldn't let me. I created another folder "Obsolete" where I thought I could move the unwanted files. It doesn't let me move files in my folder either. Please delete the folder "Obsolete", which is empty. The two files that need to be deleted are shorter versions of files we don't want to delete. They are ShortSample.mkv 2,224,866 kb., and ShortSample.mov 3,572,180 kb. These two files are located in the folder that needs to be deleted, which is a duplicate of a folder we must not delete. Both Folders are named DavinciSamples. the folder that needs to be deleted is inside the folder that must not be deleted. The folder that needs to be deleted has two files in it. The folder that must not be deleted has two folders and two files in it. One of those two folders is the one we want to delete. Please delete that folder, the obsolete folder, and this post. Just found another. There is one more useless file that needs to be deleted. It is ShortSample.mkv 1,310,720 kb. This is an even shorter version of the file I successfully uploaded, that we must not delete, which is about 17 times larger. Thank You.
                        In short, we only need the files in the DaVinci Samples folder? See my attached.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post

Thank you. The file has been downloaded and the log and the media info has been submitted to the QA team. Any news from our side, we will let you know. Thanks again.
                          Many thanks, much appreciated. I hope this behaviour can be solved, so I can buy DVDFab and go on with my movies

Comment

Just now I found there was a new update to DVDFab. I installed it. The behaviour has changed. I think I may have just successfully loaded the .mkv video from Resolve in passthrough mode. At least it didn't give me the file not recognized message. I then processed it and it did something. But I can't find an .iso file to burn the disk from, and I don't know how to make it burn a disk. It did create a folder in c user documents blu ray, My UHD Blu Ray, BDMV, there are some sub folders and I see a file MovieObject.BMVD
                            What do I do next to burn a disk ?

Comment

I found the buttons that let me chose to produce an .iso or a movie file. I loaded the Premier video that had passed through Hybrid to change it to an .mkv. It also loaded without giving me the message. It is now processing. it is taking much longer to process, but it is a much larger and longer file. It will take about another 40 minutes, and then some time to burn the disk. So it will be some time before I can report my results. Here's my new question. If all this goes well and I produce a 4K UHD disk that looks as good as the source file, how can I confirm it used passthrough mode for the best quality, and didn't process it, other than making it into an .iso ? Is there a log I can send ?

Comment

FYI, I am using re-recordable BD disks. I've been doing this for several years for my HD projects which get updated. It works well and saves using up a lot of disks when experimenting. I usually use Verbatum. They have single layer 25 GB, and dual layer 50GB re-recordable Blu ray disks. I could only find triple layer 100 GB re-recordable Blu rays from Sony. I have also been using 100 GB M-Disks successfully for backing up important data. You might also like to know that standard 4K UHD plastic cases are now available on Amazon. I am now burning the .iso to a re-recordable 100 GB BD using Nero, which is the only program I know is able to burn 100 GB triple layer disks and M-Disks. It works well for that, but I originally bought it because it was supposed to be able to do what I am now doing with DVDFab UHD Creator. But it couldn't and their tech support was unresponsive. The disk is now 13% completed. But there is the verification.

Comment

Working...
                                X