Recorder needed to copy UHD 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recorder needed to copy UHD 4K

Hello everyone. I have a Pioneer BDxl 209 internal disk recorder. The BR Full HD can record them without problems, but when putting a BR UHD 4K it does not do anything at all. Do I have to buy another recorder unit? If yes, what do you recommend?
    Thank you

Originally posted by masterlogic View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a Pioneer BDxl 209 internal disk recorder. The BR Full HD can record them without problems, but when putting a BR UHD 4K it does not do anything at all. Do I have to buy another recorder unit? If yes, what do you recommend?
    Thank you
    If you're talking about the Pioneer BDR-209DBK, it does not support UHD discs. You can check here for information on supported UHD drives by DVDFab.

Comment

Thank you. I had not seen that link. A luxury of details.

Comment

Regarding record manufacturers (BR and DVD), which brand and model are the most reliable? I've used mediarange, Ritek, Verbatin ... It seems that Verbatin gives less errors but is usually double expensive.
        Do you recommend any particular manufacturer?

Comment

Originally posted by masterlogic View Post
          Regarding record manufacturers (BR and DVD), which brand and model are the most reliable? I've used mediarange, Ritek, Verbatin ... It seems that Verbatin gives less errors but is usually double expensive.
          Do you recommend any particular manufacturer?
          If you're referring to disc manufactures, Verbatim (in my opinion) is the best. You're not wrong about them being more expensive. However, it's the cost saving measures that other manufactures take that make them fail more often. A good disc, is a good disc though. So you just waste money if the cheap one would've worked out. Verbatim is more like insurance because they have lower risk.

Comment

Originally posted by DWreck1995 View Post

If you're referring to disc manufactures, Verbatim (in my opinion) is the best. You're not wrong about them being more expensive. However, it's the cost saving measures that other manufactures take that make them fail more often. A good disc, is a good disc though. So you just waste money if the cheap one would've worked out. Verbatim is more like insurance because they have lower risk.
            The support received is pleasant. Thanks for the reply. Take note

Comment

On a similar subject I am lost regarding SATA to IDE so that I am able to downgrade my external HD. I have emailed suport a few and am still none the wiser!

Comment

Working...
              X