This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended System?

My PC is coming to the end of it's life and it's time for a new one. I use DVDFab extensively (almost exclusively) and was wondering if anyone can recommend what would be best in terms of hardware for making DVD->file and file->file conversions the quickest possible

Last Oct. I built a new core i7 rig, running Win7 Pro, 64-bit...never looked back and I have no problems.
    Many users report the same.

CUDA support for most of the Fab product line is still lacking, but for many, support is right around the corner.
    Nevertheless, my Mobile conversions went from approx 50 fps on my old XP Pro rig (P4 3.0 GHZ) to 500 fps (running an Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor).
    This speed is strictly cpu-based and without CUDA support.

My card (EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express) is recognized and supported by Fab for some Fab applications, but not Mobile conversions ...yet
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
    X