Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video card for hardware acceleration question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU Video card for hardware acceleration question...

With DVDFab supporting Nvidia CUDA, I was wondering about performance of one card over the other..

For example, while I know selecting an RTX2080 Super can be noticeably faster than say an RTX2070 Super, RTX2060 Super or even GTX1660ti when gaming. How do they compare when using CUDA acceleration for re-encoding video? (I can't seem to find any charts comparing them). And is it worth buying a "higher model" RTX card, or is the GTX1660ti, or even GTX1660 Super good enough?

If only normal re-encode, GTX1660 Super is enough for uhd hdr 4k 10bit.
    If you are interested in AI related, RTX 20 Series is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      If only normal re-encode, GTX1660 Super is enough for uhd hdr 4k 10bit.
      If you are interested in AI related, RTX 20 Series is better.
      Thank you. I should say that I have had a GTX1660ti for sometime now that I've been pretty happy with. Since my son's PC needs to be upgraded, I was thinking of passing him my GTX1660ti and maybe upgrading the video card in mine. But I'm trying to quantify how much difference there is with a "better" video card.

In other words, I assumed the RTX series would/could be better, but I'm trying to understand "how much" better/faster. Like if the same file and process is done with Cuda/NVENC acceleration and the results of using an GTX1660 and say RTX 2080 are only like 10% difference, then its not really worth paying the extra for the RTX2080 card. But if the difference between GTX1660ti vs even RTX2060S is like 20% faster, then it is.. Does that make sense?

Any pointers on benchmarks, comparisons that could help me decide?

Oh and yes, I'm doing normal re-encodes of DVD, Bluray and UHD, plus I've been trying AI a little here an there as I rip my older DVD's.

Comment

GTX1660ti vs RTX2060S,
        for reencode not much difference, about 5%~10%;
        for AI output 1080p about 20%~30%.

Comment

Working...
        X