Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Fab compress full blu ray disc to 25GB disc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Fab compress full blu ray disc to 25GB disc?

Can Fab compress full blu ray disc to 25GB disc? of to a regular dual layer disc?

Not yet but it is in the plans.

Comment

It appears then you have a case of mis-leading advertising. it states on your main page of the website you can "Compress BD-50 to BD-25/BD-9/BD-5."

i do not see that any of these options are available when doing a full disk Blu-ray to Blu-ray.

When do you plan on incorporating this feature?

A. Blu-ray to Blu-ray
      4 Blu-ray to Blu-ray copy modes available: Full Disc, Main Movie, Clone and Write Data.
      Full Disc: All movies, menus and trailers, is copied to a Blu-ray with just one click.
      Main Movie: Just copy the movie, with specific audio/subpicture.
      Clone: Make perfect 1:1 bit-to-bit copy of Blu-ray.
      Write Data: Burn existing Blu-ray folder or ISO image file to Blu-ray writer, or convert Blu-ray folder to ISO image file.
      Compress BD-50 to BD-25/BD-9/BD-5.
      Very fast copying speed.
      Burn to any blank Blu-ray Disc (BD-R 25, BD-RE 25, BD-R 50, BD-RE 50).
      Constantly updated to support latest Blu-ray burners and blank Blu-ray discs.
      Burn to any blank DVD Disc (DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL).
      B. Benefits
      Remove all known AACS copy protections.
      Remove Region Code, BD-Live and UOPs.
      Removes BD+ copy protection.
      Constantly updated to support latest Blu-ray copy protections.
      Compress BD-50 to single BD-25, BD-9 or BD-5.
      Burn to cheap blank DVD Disc (BD-9 and BD-5).
      Remove HD audio (convert Dolby TrueHD to Dolby AC3, convert DTS-HD Master Audio to DTS) to save space for video when compression is needed.
      Include internal UDF 2.50 parser to read Blu-ray, no need to install third party driver.
      Open Blu-ray from disc, ISO image file or folder.
      Support both NTSC and PAL Blu-ray.
      Preview title like real Blu-ray player.

Comment

Originally posted by airbornederekc View Post
        It appears then you have a case of mis-leading advertising. it states on your main page of the website you can "Compress BD-50 to BD-25/BD-9/BD-5."

i do not see that any of these options are available when doing a full disk Blu-ray to Blu-ray.

When do you plan on incorporating this feature?

A. Blu-ray to Blu-ray
        4 Blu-ray to Blu-ray copy modes available: Full Disc, Main Movie, Clone and Write Data.
        Full Disc: All movies, menus and trailers, is copied to a Blu-ray with just one click.
        Clone: Make perfect 1:1 bit-to-bit copy of Blu-ray.
        Write Data: Burn existing Blu-ray folder or ISO image file to Blu-ray writer, or convert Blu-ray folder to ISO image file.
        Very fast copying speed.
        Burn to any blank Blu-ray Disc (BD-R 25, BD-RE 25, BD-R 50, BD-RE 50).
        Constantly updated to support latest Blu-ray burners and blank Blu-ray discs.
        Burn to any blank DVD Disc (DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL).
        B. Benefits
        Remove all known AACS copy protections.
        Remove Region Code, BD-Live and UOPs.
        Removes BD+ copy protection.
        Constantly updated to support latest Blu-ray copy protections.
        Compress BD-50 to single BD-25, BD-9 or BD-5.
        Burn to cheap blank DVD Disc (BD-9 and BD-5).
        Remove HD audio (convert Dolby TrueHD to Dolby AC3, convert DTS-HD Master Audio to DTS) to save space for video when compression is needed.
        Include internal UDF 2.50 parser to read Blu-ray, no need to install third party driver.
        Open Blu-ray from disc, ISO image file or folder.
        Support both NTSC and PAL Blu-ray.
        Preview title like real Blu-ray player.

The "you" you are referring to is a bunch of users like yourself, no more privy to the authors plans and schedules than you are. We volunteer our time and experience to help others cope with the various problems that arise with the use of this program.

Nor do we write what appears on the product's website. Those individuals, or at least, the information used, are located in China.

All I can tell you about the requested schedule is that when the program's author is convinced the coding works and produces the expected results, it will be included and available for purchase.

Above and beyond that, you'll have to exercise patience like the rest of us.

DC

Comment

Your read the three lines above and assumed that line 3 (compress BD-50) was automatically available with line 1 (Full Disc). It may be at some point but is currently only available with line 2 (Main Movie). We do not have information on if and when.

You know what happens when you "assume"... you make an "ass" out of "u" and... uh... never mind.

Comment

I was simply pointing out that this can be misleading. i am ok with waiting for future support and i will wait as long as i have to.

please don't assume i am going to be that guy who is going to make a big stink about this either. i was just really looking forward to that feature only to find out it isnt supported yet even though it appears it was being advertised as being capable.

Comment

Why would you want to compress an entire Blu-Ray to DVD-DL? Do you know by doing so, the movie will no longer be in HD due to the compression? The option only seems to be available in Main Movie because the main movie probably is all you can fit onto a DVD-DL without it looking like VHS (remember vcd & svcd). Even compressing to 25GB disc will look bad.

Comment

i dont think anyone is trying to compress it to a DVD-DL more so a BD single layer. These disks are about half the price and considering most BD50 disks only have max 35GB of data some compression to 25GB could yield favorable results for half price disks.

Comment

i dont think anyone is trying to compress it to a DVD-DL more so a BD single layer. These disks are about half the price and considering most BD50 disks only have max 35GB of data some compression to 25GB could yield favorable results for half price disks.
                  +1
                  The option I need is Full Disk BL-50 to BL-25. I have stopped getting Blu-ray disks (until this option becomes available) and get DVD so I can have all the extras on the backup disk.
                  Ron...
                  Last edited by ronaldb1; 03-20-2010, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Since this function is already on the docket to be created, there is no reason to have more "me too" posts so I'm closing the thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X