This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does this take so long?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've ripped a couple Blu-Rays this weekend -- Blu-ray to HD, selecting the 25GB 1080 option, and it's taken over 6 hours to rip each of them.

I have a brand new Plextor Blu-Ray drive, so don't really know if this is just the way it is, or why it is taking so excruciatingly long.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your assistance...
    Last edited by W&B; 03-07-2010, 12:22 AM. Reason: removed text

Read the forum rules about comparing products before posting again, thanks.

If the bluray is needing compression, then yes it is probably normal according to your pc specs. If you are just ripping with no compression then check the DMA status of your optical drive.

Comment

Sorry about the mention earlier, and thanks for the quick reply. It's very strange because the first time I ripped one to 25GB it took about 20 minutes. Now I know it can differ by movie, but it just seems weird that it has grown from 20 to 6+ hours...is there a forum post you can point me to that discusses DMA settings?

Comment

sure Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds towards the bottom of that post explains how to reset the DMA.

Comment

It may not be DMA at all. If the first rip could already fit in 25GB as movie only then there would be no compression time and it would go as fast as the optical drive and hard drive could go.

Comment

Working...
          X