Bug: Update software dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: Update software dialog

It's not the end of the world, but there is a placement bug when the Update Software dialog pops up.

It tries to center on the screen... except that it's assuming that your screen is oriented horizontally when making the calculations. My monitor is oriented vertically, so when it does that, the dialog is half off of the screen

Fortunately, half is still on the screen so I can click on it and manually pull it over to see the rest of the dialog.

Running Fab 12.0.0.6.

What is the screen resolution of your computer?
    Please also take a screenshot and show us. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Hi Mona, can't take a pic until the next release is out as I had just upgraded. But, I made you this picture to show you what it looked like.

The upgrade dialog is centered, but part of it is off the screen.Click image for larger version

Name:	pic.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	386889

Comment

Fab 12.0.0.7 was just release, so I was able to recreate the bug with 12.0.0.6. Please see attached screenshot.

Resolution is 1080x1920.
        Attached Files

Comment

We will check, thank you for the info.

Comment

We will check, thank you for the info.
            Hi Mona, looks like this bug is still there. Saw it when I upgraded to 12.0.1.4... not sure what version, whatever was last (12.0.1.3?). Software update dialog continues to appear only half on the screen.

On a related note, there is also a bug with the sizing for the pop up ads that announce Fab specials... Since my monitor is sideways it sizes the ad so that it's wider than the screen width, so the only way to close is to drag it over then click the X - makes the ads a lot more annoying.

Is there any setting with which to turn those pop up ads off? I already get the Fab emails so I'm aware of the specials, don't like having them pop up every time I use the program - especially now that I can't quickly close them. Not sure if it's possible, but would love this capability if it's not.

Thanks!

Comment

The reported issue is not fixed yet.
              About the ads, I have adjusted it for you on our side, if you still have a problem with is, please let me know.

Comment

About the ads, I have adjusted it for you on our side, if you still have a problem with is, please let me know.
                Thanks Mona, you all are great!

Comment

Hi Mona,

Not sure if a fix was attempted. Just wanted to let you know that as of 12.0.2.5 the update dialog is still appearing halfway off of the screen.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X