Get TV Episode Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get TV Episode Names

I've been using DVD Fab for years to rip TV shows. In the past each file would come down with the name of the show and the season and the disc, followed by the number of the track. It was usually in order so when I imported them into iTunes I could order them properly.

After a recent update it looks like DVD Fab knows the series and the season and one of the show titles. But it uses the same title for each file so I can't tell what the proper order is.

For example, I have The Good Fight season 3 disc 2 in. It wants to name every file "The Good Fight - S03e01 - The One About the Recent Troubles". Which is the name of the first episode of the season. So it's not even on the disc. But each of the 4 rips all have the same name.

Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Which profile did you use?
    Please disable Meta to try again and see if it will make a difference.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Meta.png
Views:	572
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	387900

Comment

OK, when I disable Meta, then I get the name of the file being "THE_GOOD_FIGHT_S3_D1.Title1" for the first rip. The second one has "Title2", etc. So that is exactly what it used to do. I can work with it like I always have, so I guess it's OK. It would be nice if I could turn the meta back on and get the titles without me having to look them up and re-type them when I import into iTunes.

Along those lines, is there any way to have iTunes look at the nfo file when importing?

Comment

Originally posted by snowdog850 View Post
        OK, when I disable Meta, then I get the name of the file being "THE_GOOD_FIGHT_S3_D1.Title1" for the first rip. The second one has "Title2", etc. So that is exactly what it used to do. I can work with it like I always have, so I guess it's OK. It would be nice if I could turn the meta back on and get the titles without me having to look them up and re-type them when I import into iTunes.

Along those lines, is there any way to have iTunes look at the nfo file when importing?
        Hi,

DVDFab will also write the meta to the MP4 file system and iTunes will read the meta if you correct the meta information.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Hi,

DVDFab will also write the meta to the MP4 file system and iTunes will read the meta if you correct the meta information.

Wilson
          Can you expand on that a bit? I'm not sure if you mean that's an option to turn on or it's something I have to manually do.

Comment

Working...
          X