X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd to harddrive to ps3

I need help please
    I have ripped a bunch of dvd to my hard drive using DVDFAB
    I have used the dvd to dvd setting and have just change the destination to a folder on my HD
    I am trying to send them over the network to my ps3 to view on the LR tv
    I am wondering if I should be using the dvd to dvd setting I cant seem to find anything else to rip them to my HD if there is a different setting that I should be using please let me know
    Also I understand I think that I need to change the format to be able to play thru the ps3 I thought I saw that dvdfab has software to change it has anyone used it and are their other alternatives maybe freeware that work well
    Lastly when I am ripping I am opting to remove the FBI warning and clicking the option to go to the main menu should I be using these for what I am doing
    Thanks in advance

Search for PS3 on these forums and read up on what others are doing. There are a lot of options depending on what you are trying to accomplish. The PS3 will not play them in the DVD format so you will need to convert to some other file.

Comment

Yes I understand
      I have searched and I have found a couple of options but I wanted to see what worked best for others
      I don’t realy want to compress the files so I think I want to use a program to make my VOB files into one but I cant to find one that works well also do I need to do something else with the audio?
      Or should I use de-mux?

Comment

DVDFab's DVD to Mobile has a VOB passthrough which creates one large VOB with main movie only

Comment

ok great if it works like dvdfab i will be happy
          that way it doesnt compress the file correct? then all i would need to do is to change format so ps3 can read
          does anyone know if it will retain the full 5.1 or whatever audio it has i would guess so but though i would ask before i buy

thank you very much for the help i hope i didnt post in the wrong spot thou

Comment

I'm not sure as I not have a PS3 so you can give the 30 day free trial a try to find what works for what you want

Comment

i have and it looks like it does 5.1 audio and fast just what i needed
              oh and its easy 2
              thanks a lot

Comment

thanks again

hey AGJ u just made my life easier i thought is was already in dvdfab i had just lost where it was and like i said above works well east to use

i do appreciate it

Comment

Let us know if the PS3 plays the file DVDFab creates for you

Comment

yes it did one problem when i converted it showed 5.1 audio but my receiver and the ps3 are showing it as 2 channel stereo and there is not any sound from the center channel or rear speakers so i am not sure whats up
                    i have contacted support to see if they have an answer i will post if i receive a solution

Comment

well no it didnt
                      the movie i played was done with dvd to ps3 not passthrough i thought i tried both
                      the dvd to ps3 did work and now i am thinking the audio problem was created by my doughter who didnt know how to turn the new receiver and was pushing every button ive been told
                      the ps3 passthrough didnt work
                      ill let you know any progress

Comment

Originally posted by da20plt View Post
                        Yes I understand
                        I have searched and I have found a couple of options but I wanted to see what worked best for others
                        I don’t realy want to compress the files so I think I want to use a program to make my VOB files into one but I cant to find one that works well also do I need to do something else with the audio?
                        Or should I use de-mux?
                        I asked you to search because the opinions and reverence to what is "best" have already been discussed repeatedly. Rather than beat the near dead horse, I think some reading is in order. It will also illuminate some of the issues that you will face with the PS3 and each format.

Comment

Working...
                        X