X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Backups and Viewer

First post here. What a great product.

I've RTM. Searched the Forum. Looking for the best way to utilize DVDFab. I've purchased DVDFab DVD to DVD, DVD to Moble, & File to Mobile.

Possible to do all these things? If so, what product would do the task?

1. I'd like to Backup my DVDs. Keep that image on an external hard drive for safe keeping. What would be the best format for this backup to allow reburning and conversions to other formats?

2. As desired, convert that backup to my iPhone for portable viewing?

3. Burn that backup to a DVD for viewing on a normal DVD player?

4. View that backup on the laptop where it was created?

Thank you so much in advance. What a great find today.

Hi EnjoyRC and welcome aboard,

1. Simply rip it in the DVD to DVD default mode, ie., VIDEO_TS FOLDER & AUDIO_TS FOLDER.
    You can do anything you want from here.
    If you're burning it at the same time, simply go into Common Settings and untick Delete temporary files when done. This way, the files will be retained and not deleted after the burn.
    If you're just ripping for starters, just select the manila Folder icon to the right of the Target bar.

2. Use DVD to Mobile app.
    Simply select your iPhone as device and go ahead and try the default settings for a profile.
    You'll probably have to experiment with various profile settings. There should be some good ones on the appropriate subforum here.

It's best to convert from files on the hdd and NOT directly from the dvd

3. Pretty much already covered, but holler if you get stuck.
    Click on the little ? mark icon on the upper right of the opening screen and look over the tutorial.
    //Edit ...oh, guess you already did that...doh!

4. Use VLC for a media player.
    It's free, does not rely on external codecs and will play darn near anything
    Last edited by maineman; 03-08-2010, 04:43 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like DVDFab will work perfect.

Comment

Working...
      X