DVD Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Setting

In Common Settings, Drives, DVD Write, Writable Media (DVD-5) Size, it has 4300 MB. Since I use DVD-R, should I set it at 4488?

Thanks,
    Ernie

The user guide and Forum gurus don't recommend it. This topic was discussed before.
    Blank discs are cheap. Try one and see what happens. The compression with the DvdFab software is so good. I don't think you need it.

Comment

Discs are most vulnerable to damage at or near the outer edge of the disc (even good quality discs). DVD Fab sets a somewhat conservative setting as default, likely to provide an acceptable physical margin to reduce chance of damage (not only now, but future use as well). I have numerous older backups that I have watched several times over the years and notice many have scuff marks at the outer edge (possibly when play lowers disc unto the tray when stopping/ejecting). So even if you use the maximum writable area and it plays well now, no guarantee it will do so in future years. My suggestion is to use the more conservative default setting. Of course you can always simply make another backup from original if backup becomes damaged. Like the other poster said, they are relatively cheap (especially single layer DVD-5).

Comment

Working...
      X