Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lossless remuxing of UHD m2ts files

Hi

i have the full suite of DVDFab products and the range of options totally confuses me.

mostly I use the Blu-ray/uhd copy to do full-quality main-movie clones of 1080p and 4K material to m2ts files.

however, having just starting backing up a number of 4K movies I’m noticing more and more that produce multiple m2ts files that then need remuxing into a single file for convenient playback.

up until recently I would have used tsMuxer for this, but being as I’ve paid for all of DvdFabs products I wanted to know, is there an option to remux these files into a single m2ts file within DVDFab in a lossless way (including Dolby vision and atmos audio tracks)?

I see there are many profiles to choose from, and many tools, but I just need pointing at the one method that will give me zero loss in features or quality and provide me with a single file that is playable on most media players. I’d prefer the output to be in m2ts format, but am willing to try something else as long at there is no loss in quality or features.

can someone please advise?

thanks in advance

Is this really that tricky a question? tsMuxer seems to be able to do it, I just hoped I could use DVDFab instead?

Comment

The output from Copy has the same structure as the original movie source, to get one file for convenient playback you can use the Ripper module; Since you prefer m2ts, you can use m2ts.passthrough to get lossless output, one title gives one video file.

Comment

When can we get m2ts passthrough that will retain the Dolby vision this would be a great addition to the software so we can get complete lossless cuz from my understanding m2ts passthrough will retain the HDR but not the Dolby Vision can you please add this feature.

Comment

When can we get m2ts passthrough that will retain the Dolby vision this would be a great addition to the software so we can get complete lossless cuz from my understanding m2ts passthrough will retain the HDR but not the Dolby Vision can you please add this feature.

Comment

When can we get m2ts passthrough that will retain the Dolby vision this would be a great addition to the software so we can get complete lossless M2TS cuz from my understanding m2ts passthrough will retain the HDR but not the Dolby Vision can you please add this feature.

Comment

From developer:
              1. Generate file and playback file will need to meet the same define.
              2. 4K UHD m2ts is limited by UHD define, so m2ts in UHD can be playback with dolby vison
              so does mp4 dolby vision.
              Dolby Ltd. defined some pdfs such as DolbyVisionInISOBMFFSpecification_v1.3, the Box or TV have implement as DolbyVisionInISOBMFFSpecification_v1.3 says , so such mp4 files can be played.
              so does mkv dolby vision. mkv dolby vision is accepted by mkvtoolnix and some BOX or Zidoo 1000pro, New Chromecast with Google TV, NVIDIA Shield 2019 Pro, and other devices.
              But Single m2ts not such,
              We only can generate m2ts with Dolby Vision data, but no players can play.
              Or we have to use m2ts in UHD disc iso or folder.

Comment

Working...
              X