Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray to MKV

Hi all,

I’m new to backing up my Blu Ray disc (not UHD) to MKV/MPEG 4, can anyone please post suggestions for me.

First, my prerequisites are trying to encode the video quality as close to the original quality (1080p) as possible with VBR, audio passthru.

I’m using Synology DS916+ for storage, Plex, DS Video for playback and outputs to 1. my Sony 4K TV via Denon AVR with 5.1 speakers (may upgrade to 5.1.2 Atmos setup); 2. to mobile devices Android phone & Apple iPhones.

I know the 2 outputs are totally different in terms of playback quality, but I do not want to loss that much in quality.

Thanks a lot for all suggestions that you might have.

I always use MKV Passthrough
    with the necessary audio and subtitle tracks

this is a very good solution

Comment

Thanks for your reply D300, I've tried to use MKV Passthrough, but I'm having troubles with the audio tracks. I was only able to get DTS or Dolby passthrough, no ACS tracks was ripped when I did Blu Ray copy even though when I've selected the audio tracks, it was available before I start. Did it happen to you as well? If not, may I know how you've done it?

Comment

I needed the AC3 for decoding on the iPhone using DS Video. I'm currently using VLC Player to decode as an alternative.

Comment

You may pick AAC and then set it to both AAC and AC3 audio tracks to have a try, it is available for MP4 profile.

Click image for larger version

Name:	audio.png
Views:	193
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	392766

Comment

Working...
          X