No announcement yet.

New updates download: make it simple!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUI New updates download: make it simple!

From the very first to one I can't remember now, downloading and installing updates to DVDFab used to be a bit faster and simpler, although not much.

Every time there was a new update available, a pop-up window warned the user about it and it had a button to start the download. Once the download was finished, a warning asked the user to close the program's main interface and click on an Update button. Then the update was installed and the program was restarted automatically, or, in case it didn't, the user had to restart it manually to see the changes (update applied).

Now we get a window that won't close and we have to click the X icon or the Restart DVDFab button... I think it's very clumsy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfuck1.png
Views:	583
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	392586

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfuck2.png
Views:	350
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	392587

Please, make it faster and simpler!

My suggestion is: once the user clicks on the Update button, the main interface is closed, the download starts, then the update is applied and finally the program is restarted automatically with the new update already applied, without the user having to click anything else.

I hope you consider my suggestion. TIA.

Excellent suggestion Paul. I, too, never understood why the developers didn’t bother making it easier. Small updates thru app ( mostly version 11) mostly failed for me. I would just download it from web site. Version 12 updates are more stable. Yet, I still download the full program. It never fails that way.

Comment

Working...
    X