GPU-involved Re-encoding is introducing Video Blocks / Jittery Video Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPU-involved Re-encoding is introducing Video Blocks / Jittery Video Motion

I was going ask for my money back after recently purchasing Smoother.AI and Converter Pro, and after completing my first Smooth.AI conversion job (27 hours long) - I was quite disappointed in the outcome.
    I admit the downloaded movie (via StreamFab) had bad video blocks (or bad jittery video motion) after the GPU-intensive re-rendering had completed. I thought Smoother.AI could reduce the effects but it looks like existing unaffected motion had now become jittery as well, after the first conversion attempt.

There seemed to be something that’s fundamentally changed with how my OS and DVDFab software (latest versions only) are now interacting with my notebook's GPU (NVidia GTX 1660 TI MaxQ) chip - I had to stop using StreamFab for movie downloads where re-rendering was required.

I reset my OS. Now, my PC is fully utilizing the CPU (~100% busy), whereas previously the CPU used to hover at ~50% usage while the GPU was always in the high 80/90% range. Also the re-rendering process now completes faster with much less jittery video motion. Unfortunately there still remains some jittery scenes, but I can now live with that for now.

For your benefit, I have included some screenshots (see ) of some Windows 11 OS optimizations

Will DVDFab team revisit making the re-rendering (and AI tasks) less CPU sensitive, like in previous StreamFab releases???
    Even if it means taking long to complete jobs – At least the end result will be a viable/watchable video outcome.

Thanks, Tom
Working...
X