Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating a disc (DVD) - Source files are 3.7G, output is 32G !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a disc (DVD) - Source files are 3.7G, output is 32G !

I bought some DVDs that have Charlie Chan movies on them (which are in the public domain so no copyright infringement). There are 6 movies per DVD (4.7G single layer). The "menu" on these discs, if you want to call it that, is simply a file listing on a blue background. Apparently whoever put these together really didn't know what they were doing with the software. So I thought I would rip the discs, separate out each of the movies with DVDShrink, and then suck them back in with DVDFab and make new discs with a decent menu. So, I separated out the movies and saved each one in it's own folder (.VOB files). Each movie VOB is approximately 600M, multiply times 6 for a total of about 3.7G. So, I fired up DVDFab and went to Creator, and pulled each VOB in. I then wo=rote the compilation to an ISO file and the data size was just over 32G. FYI, it did the same thing when I pulled the VOB files into NERO 10. So the bottom line question is, when I start with 6 movies that all fit on a standard DVD, why does the result of my process end up needing a 50G Blu-Ray??? I'm stumped, please let me know if you have an explanation!

Thanks!
    mwm

I bought some DVDs that have Charlie Chan movies on them (which are in the public domain so no copyright infringement). There are 6 movies per DVD (4.7G single layer). The "menu" on these discs, if you want to call it that, is simply a file listing on a blue background.
    It seems that it's not a regular commercial movie disc. All 6 movies in one title?
    You may try to disable Pathplayer in DVDFab Common Settings>DVD>Pathplayer to load the disc with DVD Copy - Main Movie mode, check if the file size of the title can be shown correctly or not.

As a note: PathPlayer should be left in the default "Always Enable" mode unless there is some problem copying a certain DVD movie.

Comment

Working...
    X