Yet another forced subtitle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another forced subtitle question

I've been searching the forums for a bit, but can't quite find the scenario I'm running into.

I'm ripping a blu-ray that has three English subs. I've selected the first one and told it to "scan for forced subtitles" ... During the ripping process it finds the forced track and includes it. However, the resulting rip now has two subtitle tracks embedded: the one I selected (with everything stripped out because it's not the forced sub track) and the one it detected.

Is there a way to tell it to ONLY save the detected forced subtitle track? Ideally, I'd like to let it auto-select all English tracks and allow the software to find the forced subtitle track and only remux that into the container.

If you convert you file to mkv, yes there's a way with mkvtoolnix. Add the forced on on top of the others by dragging it and turn on the forced display and default on.

Comment

I am creating an MKV, but I'd like to have this as automated as possible. Ideally, there would only ever be one subtitle stream saved to the file (forced only) -- that's what I'm trying to figure out.

In my test, I selected the first English track, DVDFab scanned and found the forced subtitles, but the resulting output had 2 subtitle tracks... I still had to test and remove the extra one.

Comment

To confirm, please check the image attached, did you set it like this?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20211119-105953.png
Views:	443
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	402652

Comment

Mona Correct. The disk I was using had three English tracks. I selected the first one like the graphic above, and the resulting MKV file ended up with two subtitle tracks. I'm assuming it was the one that I selected, and then the Forced Subtitle track that the scan found.

Comment

Working...
          X