Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do about discs that Windows refuses to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do about discs that Windows refuses to see?

Greetings,

My question is in regards to DVD/Blu-Rays that Windows refuses to accept that anything is in the drive.

I've run into this on occasion while copying discs.

Current disc is DVD version of The Colony (2021) from Lionsgate. Normally I get this kind of behavior from older discs. They of course play just fine in a stand alone player but once in a computer, nada is seen.

I've tried rebooting, reinstalling DVDFab, ect. Nothing I do will make it recognize this current work project.

Please advise if there is a "magic" trick I am missing out on.

try uninstalling your computers dvd drive, restart your computer
    and let windows reinstall the drive. then see if it'll see the disc.

Comment

I also had once with the DVD Jesus Video. The only thing that helped was the use of an "older" DVD drive.

Comment

Still no joy trying october262's suggestion. And I don't have an older drive to test.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupted View Post
          Still no joy trying october262's suggestion. And I don't have an older drive to test.
          have you tried starting dvdfab first and then insert the disc and see if dvdfab will read the disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupted View Post
            I have had this happen to me with a couple of disc in the past. Instead of letting Windows reinstall the drive with its drivers, I went to the manufacture of my drive/model number and got the latest firmware update from their site for my drive, downloaded it on my desktop and reflashed my drive myself. That worked sometimes with some discs......

I don't own 'The Colony (2021)' but you denoted its a Loinsgate DVD, most of my DVD drive reflashes was with trying to get a Loinsgate DVD to rip, it would play just fine on a DVD player but not copy. Why an older player/drive worked for D300 was because older drives usually do not contain a Cinavia detector in them so a Cinavia DVD disc will play on them undetected and Loinsgate is documented as being very adverse in their Cinavia copy protection. Another thought........

Comment

Working...
            X