What do the following mean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do the following mean...

Newbie here, just downloaded the trial DVDFab Enlarger AI...in the output section, what do BD50, BD25, BD9, and BD9(all 1080i) mean? When I select my quality(say 20MBps), whenever I change one of BD's to another one, the 20MBps stays the same, along with the final size of the upscaled video. What's the difference between the 4 BD's? Is one better than the others for upscaling DVD(480p) videos? Thanks!

Why does using the 4 BD settings(see above) change the aspect ratio? My source is 4X3, but the upscaled videos are wide-screen...less than 1:185, but more 'stretched-out' than 4X3. Whereas the .iso option keeps the original aspect ratio.
    Last edited by yodasan; 01-03-2022, 10:46 PM.

Originally posted by yodasan View Post
    Newbie here, just downloaded the trial DVDFab Enlarger AI...in the output section, what do BD50, BD25, BD9, and BD9(all 1080i) mean? When I select my quality(say 20MBps), whenever I change one of BD's to another one, the 20MBps stays the same, along with the final size of the upscaled video. What's the difference between the 4 BD's? Is one better than the others for upscaling DVD(480p) videos? Thanks!

Why does using the 4 BD settings(see above) change the aspect ratio? My source is 4X3, but the upscaled videos are wide-screen...less than 1:185, but more 'stretched-out' than 4X3. Whereas the .iso option keeps the original aspect ratio.
    Just tried using the .iso option again, this time it didn't keep the original aspect ratio...stretched out my 4X3 to wide screen. How do I keep the original aspect ratio of the upscaled videos?

Comment

1.BD9 is an old format, mainly for compatibility, we suggest that you pick BD25, if you have larger disc space, you can pick BD50 directly. A larger number means less compression, which could give you a better quality.

2. The resolution for BD is 1080P.

3. It shows the same Video Quality, could be that DVDFab remembers the last settings.

4. About the aspect ratio issue, please provide the dvdfab_internal log file first, the developer needs it to help check the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X