Performance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance issues

So, not complaining, at all, about the product really, because I have been terribly happy with my products for the most part over these last ten years, HOWEVER, I am somewhat discouraged by the apparent lack of optimization in the products over that time because I have real time procedural evidence that my 7 year old i7-6700k with a standard 1 TB SATA Samsung 850 EVO took almost exactly the same amount of time to process an identical size BD25 conversion as my brand new, clean Windows install with all relevant drivers updated to the latest versions and also all possible firmware versions for drives, BIOS and graphics card, 12700k with a 500MB 970 EVO Plus PCIe M.2 drive, and that just doesn't seem like something that ought to be possible.

I understand that a lot of the process involves only storage performance, but going from SATA to NVME should have, in that case, drastically improved process time. It apparently did not. And if THAT wasn't the bottleneck, cringe for saying bottleneck, then definitely the change from a 6 year old CPU to a brand new one with far more cores and threads and a much higher IPC, plus a board that supports PCIe 5.0 speeds for the GPU and USB 3.2 Gen 2x2, should have been, but clearly isn't.

So it begs the question, why? Why does it still take the exact same 30 minutes, almost to the second, as it did with the six year old hardware I was using? I mean, almost every piece of software on the market that is worth having, not to mention worth paying for, works better and faster than it did 6 years ago if it's doing the same thing AND has much more capable hardware to do it with, so why isn't DVDfab seeing ANY improvements in optimization and performance?

Again, not trying to really be a complainer, I'm glad for what it does, but BD conversion performance is really terrible. Is it my drive? I don't see any drives with faster performance specifications out there, and it IS an external Pioneer drive, but is this the limiting factor? And if not, WTF is keeping performance exactly the same as it was in 2014?

And that is just conversion, does not count actual "burn" time after conversion. And, "lightning shrink" etc. are enabled. Are the specific settings that I'm missing that are relevant.
    Last edited by Darkbreeze; 04-18-2022, 12:39 AM.

Hello, thank you for posting.

Here is the reply from our developer regarding your concern:
    1. is the test with BD hardware driver, mostly driver are bottleneck now.
    2. try to use BD iso copy to iso, one ssd input, another ssd for output, should have changed in speed.
    3. compress bd in GPU mode most depends on GPUS encode chipset, such as Nvidia Nvenc.
    4. compress bd in the soft mode mostly depends on CPUs, new CPU with high clockrate and cores should be fast.

Comment

Working...
    X