Bug with "Additional Parameters"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug with "Additional Parameters"

When entering additional parameters to pass to the encoder, if any of the parameters that you entered use the same switches as ones that DVDFab is already using, DVDFab will append the parameters that you entered to the end of the string that it passes to the encoder. This makes it a bit useless to enter certain additional parameters as the encoder ignores the parameter that you entered and just takes the first one (the one that DVDFab had preset).

Click image for larger version

Name:	parms.png
Views:	329
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	410085

Here's an example from the dvdfab_internal.log:
    info: --level-idc 40 --crf 19.0 --pools 8 --pmode --pme --preset medium --ctu 16 --max-tu-size 16 --rd 3 --no-rdoq-level --no-psy-rdoq --ref 3 --b-intra --no-fast-intra --keyint 250 --min-keyint 23 --rc-lookahead 20 --bframes 4 --b-adapt 2 --slow-firstpass --qg-size 16 --preset veryslow

For this example, I entered --preset veryslow into the additional parameters box, but because of the way it sent the parameters to the encoder, my entry got ignored and the encoder ran in --preset medium as that's what DVDFab sends as default and hence came first in the list of parameters.

I understand that this is a very deep issue, and the vast majority of DVDFab users will never be interacting with the encoder at this level, but it would be nice if DVDFab could recognize when the user enters a parameter that conflicts with what DVDFab plans on sending and then only send the parameter that the user entered.

It's by design. The --preset veryslow will overwrite --preset medium.

Comment

Working...
    X