Forum Server Keeps Logging Me Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Server Keeps Logging Me Out

Sometimes I'll just browse a forum and decide to post, and I have to log in again. Sometimes I'm logged out in the MIDDLE of a post and have to re-enter my password. Just now, as I was typing the previous sentence, a pop-up popped up, and after I captured the image and attempted to upload it, another pop-up said I was logged out and had to log in again.

So I essentially had to save this message in notepad, log back in, and re-post this within the span of about 60 seconds or so.

Will attempt to imbed images but if they are just attachments, you'll understand why.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-10-29 15_28_20-Window.png
Views:	298
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	417046
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-10-29 15_29_49-Window.png
Views:	294
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	417045
    Attached Files

It's doing it to me also!

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
      It's doing it to me also!
      Do you still have this problem at the moment? We do not have such an issue on our side.

Comment

BradYonder and Dead Eye ,

I had the same problem.
        But after I checked "remember me" with login, the logout problem is solved for me.

It's worth the try.​
        Last edited by Timothy Arens; 11-16-2022, 08:45 AM.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Searching for yourself is a lifetime journey.
        Life is what happens in between.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Okay, I checked that box so we'll see. I know I had that checked before...how it got un-checked is the mystery. My browser did an update recently so maybe??

Comment

I think that fixed it!

Comment

I got an update...the 'remember me' check box is unchecking itself on logout. I stayed in the same browser session to see if it was something else. I was responding to another post and the 'invalid server response' popup came on while I was typing...about the same time as the 'auto save' became active.

Windows 10 Pro(..all updates) and Brave is the browser

Comment

I got an update...the 'remember me' check box is unchecking itself on logout. I stayed in the same browser session to see if it was something else. I was responding to another post and the 'invalid server response' popup came on while I was typing...about the same time as the 'auto save' became active.

Windows 10 Pro(..all updates) and Brave is the browser
                try clearing your browser cookies for dvdfab, restart your browser, log in again, check the box to keep logged in and
                then see if you still get signed out.

Comment

Okay, I did that...it is still unchecking the 'remember me' checkbox on manual logout. I don't leave the site or close the browser while staying logged on to it.

I'm funny that way. My browser is set to delete the history on exit.

Comment

Just for clarification...my issue is the checkbox is unchecking its self on manual logout, not being logged out of an active session.

Comment

Is this possibly a cookie issue? Is your browser set up to clear all cookies upon exit from the browser and eliminating a cookie setting for DVDFab?

Comment

No, I did that. Browser is set to delete history, not form data. The function is 'Remember Me' not 'Keep Me Signed In'. I guess I should ask...is the login form designed to clear that checkbox on logout or not? I reset Brave to default to see if it was a setting that I had changed. It still clears the checkbox. Edge does the same thing so maybe the coding on the login form is written to do that.

Comment

Okay, so today(…just now @ 4 EST) I came to the forums, logged in without checking the checkbox, came to this thread and by the time I scrolled to the bottom I got logged out. A popup with a password input came up and it had a 'remember me' checkbox so I checked that box and put the password in.

This is something on the backend...not my end. Now what?

Comment

Okay, so today(…just now @ 4 EST) I came to the forums, logged in without checking the checkbox, came to this thread and by the time I scrolled to the bottom I got logged out. A popup with a password input came up and it had a 'remember me' checkbox so I checked that box and put the password in.

This is something on the backend...not my end. Now what?
                            perhaps, try checking your antivirus / security software, maybe there's something in there that keeps logging you out.
                            also, what browser are you using ??

Comment

No, I did that. Browser is set to delete history, not form data. The function is 'Remember Me' not 'Keep Me Signed In'. I guess I should ask...is the login form designed to clear that checkbox on logout or not? I reset Brave to default to see if it was a setting that I had changed. It still clears the checkbox. Edge does the same thing so maybe the coding on the login form is written to do that.
                              Dead Eye noticed your rating badge ....this has been happening to me also for a month and a half now, (very frustrating) if I do not check the 'Remember Me' box while posting it will give me that pop up error before I can type in five words. Thought it was me, glad somebody else posted this, it only started after I had to log in two times when I was already logged in to see another posters logs, so I thought that was the problem because I wasn't able to see anybody logs at all for a while before that and figured it is logging me into a different server on the forum now. Cleared cookies, cache and it still is doing it. (Using Edge as my browser)

Last edited by Down2Earth; 11-24-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X