Administrator and Moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Administrator and Moderators

What happened to Signals (Administrator) and all of the moderators? I haven't seen any posts from them in a very long time. Did the DVDFab team decide they no longer needed the volunteers or did they just up and leave? I'm just a little curious is all.

I have also inquired about Signals from DVDFab staff and was told they had not heard from him in quite a while. Signals is the one who recruited me to help as a moderator. I still follow the forums daily and try to jump in with assistance when I think I have something to offer. However, these days the questions and issues seem to mostly revolve around streaming which I do not have a whole lot of experience with.

Comment

Rich86, thank you for your reply. What surprises me is that not only Signals but the rest of the moderators (excluding you of course) that use to be very active in the forum are no longer heard from. It's just kinda weird and seems like more than a coincidence that they all vanished. I would have assumed that if Signals was going to resign he would have at least made some sort of announcement on the forum. His profile still shows him as being the Admin. I just hope nothing bad happened to him or any of the others. Maybe it was a coincidence and they all decided not to participate in the forum anymore? Who knows?

Anyways, thank you for your volunteering efforts and sticking around!
      Last edited by jkadlec; 06-27-2023, 10:08 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Hi jkadlec,

I Think some NEW or NEWer People took over DVDfab

And they are more interested in MONEY

Than A Quality Product

And I think Signals and others Did Not want to deal with it.

They have Pushed out Product's with ZERO Updates,

and BARE BONES Products, waiting for People to Complain.

They Are Constantly having Problems with StreamFab.

What is Taking SO Long,

They Need more Experienced TEC People

BUT are Probably Too Cheap to Pay them.

Comment

I always liked signals and thought of him as a friend. I became concerned that there might be some health issues, but no one seems to know.
          I have also always found Mona to be very responsive and helpful.

Comment

I thought Signals was a decent guy. I didn't think of him as a friend as we never talked but I still had a lot of respect for him. He was very humble with his position as Admin unlike some of the moderators (that also disappeared) who let their positions go to their heads and thought they were big shots. Health issues or worse is my concern as well since it has been quite a long time since he not only made a post but a long time since he has even logged in. He was very active in the forum and then suddenly it just stopped.
            Rich86, I don't think you are like those other moderators. You are a humble person that has more of a priority to help people than to be a power hungry enforcer. I have much respect for you as well.

Comment

Thanks for that comment. I have also been a moderator on another software forum (Roxio) for a number of years (although not very active there these days) and our core group of moderators always focused on helping people, solving problems & making recommendations to the developers. That's always been the fun part. We were also often asked to be beta testers on new releases.

Comment

Maybe COVID Got him !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                  I have also always found Mona to be very responsive and helpful.
                  As far I know Mona is still here with us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Searching for yourself is a lifetime journey.
                  Life is what happens in between.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X