Posting New Topics Wait Time and Editing Said Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting New Topics Wait Time and Editing Said Post

I am confused about why my posts are "unmoderated" and why I cannot edit my post afterward.

I read through the stickies and FAQ, but there was nothing that explicitly states that new forum user's posts would need to await approval. If there is, I must have missed it. FYI: I have used a few forums through the years that used a message approval process, but they were mostly in the early years of the Internet (circa late 1990s), which could be why I am having "contemporary UX confusion." :P I have been a forum user here since April 2022 according to my records when I created the forum account. I have had DVDFab and related products for over a decade, although it feels like I've been using it since the early 2000s.

Clarification Questions
    ------------------------------
    - Do all messages from everyone require moderation?
    - How long do messages sit as "unapproved?"
    - If only new users require moderation, how long until their messages do not?
    - Is my message being "unmoderated" the cause of the unauthorized error I receive when trying to edit it? That is doubly confusing. How can an author not be authorized to re-author his own message?

The reason I'm asking these questions is because it appears that I'm stuck in this wait mode. It's not common forum behavior--software or otherwise--so I am wanting to confirm it's not just me. I've had new posts sit in limbo for over a week--maybe weeks or maybe longer. Frankly, I've never checked back on them after a week or two weeks because my question needed a timely response. I usually just stop using the software and hope an update fixes whatever problem I've been having. I still have no idea on DVDFab 12's DVD rip audio sync issue that I've had for years now. I just use v11 because it does not have that bug. StreamFab, though, is another story with its various quirks, so it would be helpful to get some fellow user feedback...but I keep running into these posting problems.

FYI: I changed my e-mail address in my software registration profile late last year. Then, I discovered my forum e-mail had not changed. I updated it and my username a little after hoping that may have something to do with the authorizing of my posts/messages as a software owner. No change. The message limbo I referred to above happened under my previous username, whatever that was. For some reason, changing my username and e-mail address here wiped out any history of previous posts. That's a bit perplexing as well.

The moderation requirement is only for new members. after posting gets above the level the admin has set. posts will be immediately visible. This is mostly in place to defend the forum against spammers.
    Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

@Bluerayfan How long is the restriction in place for new members? As you can see, I've been a member since April 2022 and have made five posts since that time with my sixth just a moment ago, and it is still "unapproved," which means I cannot edit it after posting. Do you happen to know what the "level" is the admin has set?

Comment

FYI, I had to create a ticket in Support with my DVDFab member account to get this resolved.

Comment

Working...
        X