X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Is is safe?"

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
    Please get your key again to see the result, we have fixed all-in-one key email problem.
    I just wander about security of sending the registration information over the (inherently) insecure SMTP.
    My webmail server uses SSL, meaning nobody can see the exchanged data (unlike GMail or Yahoo, which use SSL only for logging in). But all incoming messages are sent and received in a plain form, unless all MX servers - sending and receiving (including eventual "mid" email relays) - support TLS. GMail and Yahoo do not support it.

Therefore, it is fairly easy to eavesdrop network along the path from sending to receiving server, thus stealing the keys by filtering SMTP.

I see dvdfab's server supports TLS, as well as my MX server. However, there's no way to tell whether mail.dvdfab.com would actually use TLS to send the email with keys...

Just something to think about.

Comment

Just to report that sending of keys to an email address is working properly again now.

I have just successfully sent myself one email containing an all-in-one key for all five product licenses, so all is good again!

Thanks
      NigelS

Comment

Originally posted by NigelS View Post
        Just to report that sending of keys to an email address is working properly again now.

I have just successfully sent myself one email containing an all-in-one key for all five product licenses, so all is good again!

Thanks
        NigelS
        Excellent and thanks for posting back.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
        X