DVDFab13 4K Rips Are Washed Out/Muted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab13 4K Rips Are Washed Out/Muted

I've been holding off on upgrading to DVDFab13 because DVDFab12 has been working perfectly for me. I finally gave in a few days ago and started testing DVDFab13 ripping DVD's, Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays. Unfortunately, the 4K Blu-rays video is washed out and muted. I used the same profile and settings and even went back to DVDFab12 for comparison. I looked around the forum but didn't see any posts related to this. The screenshots I uploaded are from The Crow and Kindergarten Cop 4K Blu-ray. The issue isn't just for these two movies I also tested A Bronx Tale and Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero. I'm assuming it would be the same for all 4K Blu-rays.

Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated as I do like the UI and other small creature comforts DVDFab13 has added. For the time being I'm sticking to DVDFab12. Thank you.​
    Attached Files

i own both too and tried The Crow 4K rip on both DVD Fab 12 and 13 and then tested both on my tv from a nvidia shield pro (newest model) and they looked the same? what are you using for your playback device or is that off pc screenshots?

Comment

These are screenshots from my PC playing in VLC. After I rip my movies I preview them for a few seconds at random parts of the movie before I upload them to my Plex server and stream. I also have a Nvidia Shield Pro but I never tried it since this has been working for me until I tried DVDFab13. In my head I figured it should look the same regardless where I play it.

Comment

Have you tried playing the movie with PotPlayer instead of VLC? PotPlayer offers SMPTE ST 2084 HDR Correction.

Comment

Working...
        X