This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bd-r 25gb

Anybody can tell me why if i try and copy and burn using the Main Movie option why i am still not able to get that onto a 25 GB Verbatim BD-R. And is there a way that i can remove certain things from a Movie that will make it smaller and then able to burn a copy. I also thought that this software would compress it down so that you are able to burn any Blu ray DVD. Am i wrong

My best practice for burning a Bluray in main movie mode is to rip to my hard drive first at BD50 quality. You will see that is the default,located bottom center of UI. Select a destination folder at the target drop down box. Select your audio and subtitles on the right. Wait for the disc to finish scanning this can take a few minutes. After that I will use the preview window to check that the correct video stream is selected and verify I have the right audio. The movie treams are located in the centre of the UI there will be many DVDFab typically picks the right one but not always. Hit the next button, verify your destination folder on the next screen. Then hit start.
    The preferred burning engine is IMGBurn this forum will show you how to set it up to work with DVDFab.http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12
    Now to burn use the same folder as your source. and your destination will be your BR burner. At the bottom center of the UI you'll find a box named quality, select your compression to fit your media BD50> BR DL, BD25>BD-R, BDDVD9>DVD DL and BDDVD5 a standard DVD. All other options should have already been done in the ripping stage. Hit next and Fab will verify the compression you selected will fit on the disc in the drive. When it's done hit start and go find something to do for a while. Depending on your system this can take from an hour to twelve hours.
    Happy Burning
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
    4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
    ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
    2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
    LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
    Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Blu ray to Blu ray settings

Can anyone tell me when i only try to copy in the Movie Only mode for Blu Ray it doesn't compress enough to fit on a blank BD-R 25 GB disk... Can anything be removed from movies that would give me more room. Trying to do The Blindside in Movie only mode ????? Thanks for any help

Comment

Don't start multiple threads on the same subject.

Threads merged.

Comment

Johan... I think you will have to go step by step with me on this process.. I am basically a beginner with this stuff.. I tried to do what you said but it got messed up somehow. You would think with the money we pay for this software that it wouldn't have to be this complicated.. Should be like put in movie to copy, hit copy and it does its thang.. Its seems like like its getting to the point of me screaming. This shouldn't be this difficult

Comment

Money Back for Blu Ray to Blu Ray software

This software i have never been able to get it to function the way i think it should. The money that i paid for it, it shouldn't be this difficult. You should be able to just put in Blu Ray DVD click copy, it should compress it, and it should all fit on a 25 GB BD-R blank DVD. You shouldn't have to do all the work, adjusthis, adjust that to make it work. I just don't understand. Never had this much problem with copying software. Where is the manual that should show you step by step how to use this stuff ??

Comment

Hey singleman5 just take a deep breath and relax.
              My last post is pretty much step by step. If there is something you are stuck on mention that speciffically. I've used Fab for years and recently purchased the Bluray license for life. I find the User Interface pretty straight forward. You say the movie won't fit on a BD25 are you choosing that as your compression(quality) at the bottom center of DVDFab window?

Comment

Ok heres what i tried from ur advice. First i set up software to do a Movie only. Put disk in and let it scan. The quality is set at BD50. I got to top where the source and target lines are and select a folder on hard drive for movies to go. Hit next to next screen. Then hit start to start copying. AFter it copies then thats where my confusion comes in. I don't have a clue what to do after this. I don't think this software is doing the same thing that it does for you. Can you slowly tell me what should happen and what it should show on screen once the copy process has done its thing. Then what i should click on or go to ?? I'm sorry for all my dumbness. But like i said i would think after paying all this money for this software that us the consumer should not have to do all thise work and spend all this time trying to copy a Blu Ray movie. It should be just point and click and let softwre do all the work. I really appreciate all of your help. Thanks
                Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2010, 12:56 PM.

Comment

And also if i choose to let DVDFab choose which folder for the movies to be copied to, and at the bottom of UI i choose to copy it at BD25 it will take, and at this moment its at 1.3% and it show it has 8.5 hrs to go for copying. This software takes that long to compress the files down so it possibly would fit on a 25 Gb blank ?? Now that is a quite abit of time for this operation ?? Don't you think ?

Comment

Ok, I'm typing this as slowly as I can. Maybe you could just read it slower?

After the Full Disc BD50 rip completes then remove your Blu-Ray disc and use Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray again. This time use Main Movie mode and choose the ripped Full Disc folder/ISO as the source (folder button). Make sure DVDFab has chosen the correct title (preview pain is your friend). Select the size you want (BD25, BD9, or BD5) and select your destination. I would recommend the hard drive as a folder or ISO so that you can test it before burning to disc (use write mode as the final step after you are happy).

Originally posted by singleman5 View Post
                    I also thought that this software would compress it down so that you are able to burn any Blu ray DVD.
                    BD9 and BD5 output are designed to fit on standard DVDR media (DL and SL respectively) but are still in BD format and can only be played via a Blu-Ray player.

You would think with the money we pay for this software that it wouldn't have to be this complicated.. Should be like put in movie to copy, hit copy and it does its thang.. Its seems like like its getting to the point of me screaming. This shouldn't be this difficult
                    Do keep in mind that DVDFab is attempting to do things that the makers of the Blu-Ray discs are trying to prevent. You are paying to be able to do something that you would otherwise not be able. Successful Blu-Ray decryption is still rather new so it will need time to mature and become easy.

Comment

And also if i choose to let DVDFab choose which folder for the movies to be copied to, and at the bottom of UI i choose to copy it at BD25 it will take, and at this moment its at 1.3% and it show it has 8.5 hrs to go for copying. This software takes that long to compress the files down so it possibly would fit on a 25 Gb blank ?? Now that is a quite abit of time for this operation ?? Don't you think ?
                      Blu-Ray video is very large. The time it takes depends on your hardware. Unless you have something very new and very speedy, compression of Blu-ray will take many hours (one of mine took 20).

Comment

This software i have never been able to get it to function the way i think it should. The money that i paid for it, it shouldn't be this difficult. You should be able to just put in Blu Ray DVD click copy, it should compress it, and it should all fit on a 25 GB BD-R blank DVD. You shouldn't have to do all the work, adjusthis, adjust that to make it work. I just don't understand. Never had this much problem with copying software. Where is the manual that should show you step by step how to use this stuff ??
                        Sorry for your trouble, but this is strictly a user forum.
                        The staff here are not employed by Fab (strictly volunteer) and have nothing to do with the business end of things.

I would email or pm Fengtao directly

FYI, from the Fab purchase site:

"NOTE: All our products are sold as "try-before-you-buy" software. You can Try them 30 days for free, so you have enough time to verify the program's functionality. Fengtao Software Inc. doesn't refund your money if you are not satisfied with our products. We urge you to test it out before you buy it and hope you will want to join our thousands of satisfied users!"
                        Last edited by maineman; 03-31-2010, 04:28 AM. Reason: Threads merged
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

But you would think that the process of using the Blu Ray to Blu Ray software would be so simple to use. Now this is according to their advertisement to buy this software. It states it works quicky and it does all disks. BD50,BD25 and so forth. I don't think it states that it takes 12 hrs to do 1 Blu Ray movie. Because i think that if it did i would probably not have bought it. But i did so i have to live with it. Thanks for your help...

Comment

No problem singleman5 we all start somewhere.
                            When DVDFab is done ripping your movie to the harddrive hit finish. Now you can restart Fab or just hit the back button. Then in the top box(source) select the folder you just made and Fab will open it. If you are not using IMGBurn I would suggest you do it is a free program and is capable of authoring BDs. If you follow the tutorial in my first post it will work seamlessly with DVDFab. Then follow the directions in my first post.
                            I assume you already have the movie backed up to your harddrive so for this use just open Fab and select your folder as the source.
                            Let me know if you still have problems

Comment

Looks like I missed something while I was gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X