This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab HD Decrypter

If i download and install the HD Decrypter from here, the complete DVDFab is installed with all Options available and all set to "Trial User" (HD Decrypter to "Free Edition").

All i want to do is to copy the main movie from a copy protected DVD to my HD without any compression (maybe just not with all available languages and subtitles).

So i check "DVD to DVD -> Main Movie", set the target directory (and some other options) and start the process. During the process the status window says "You are going to try "DVD to DVD" Option" although i am ripping to my hard-drive.

Am i in fact already using the free HD Decrypter?
    Do i have to purchase the product after the Update Expire Time?
    How can i access the free HD Decrypter?
    What are the restrictions of the HD Decrypter after the Update Expire Time of "DVD to DVD"?

I searched the forum but i found no satisfying answer to the questions above. There is nowhere a clear explanation about how to specifically use only the free HD Decrypter feature without the need of buying anything.

It would be clearer for me if there was an additional frame on the left side of the main window called "HD Decrypter". All other options (currently marked as "Trial User") are there, why not the HD Decrypter?

Edit:
    Sorry, i missed the other HD Decrypter thread...
    Is it true that the HD Decrypter is in fact the full version? You just can't do any compression and target is hdd only?
    Last edited by start78; 03-30-2010, 05:00 PM.

Originally posted by start78 View Post
    If i download and install the HD Decrypter from here, the complete DVDFab is installed with all Options available and all set to "Trial User" (HD Decrypter to "Free Edition").

All i want to do is to copy the main movie from a copy protected DVD to my HD without any compression (maybe just not with all available languages and subtitles).

So i check "DVD to DVD -> Main Movie", set the target directory (and some other options) and start the process. During the process the status window says "You are going to try "DVD to DVD" Option" although i am ripping to my hard-drive.

Am i in fact already using the free HD Decrypter?
    Do i have to purchase the product after the Update Expire Time?
    How can i access the free HD Decrypter?
    What are the restrictions of the HD Decrypter after the Update Expire Time of "DVD to DVD"?

I searched the forum but i found no satisfying answer to the questions above. There is nowhere a clear explanation about how to specifically use only the free HD Decrypter feature without the need of buying anything.

It would be clearer for me if there was an additional frame on the left side of the main window called "HD Decrypter". All other options (currently marked as "Trial User") are there, why not the HD Decrypter?

Edit:
    Sorry, i missed the other HD Decrypter thread...
    Is it true that the HD Decrypter is in fact the full version? You just can't do any compression and target is hdd only?

When you first download the package, you get the whole thing for a free 30 day trial (no matter what your intention when you first D/L). The author is hoping to hook you into buying the package.

You can:

1.) Simulate Decrypter by only ripping to HD with no compression

2.) Wait for the trial period to end, and use the actual decrypter.

The Free part will only decrypt films uncompressed to your HD... all the other features are disabled after the trial period. Also, the decrypter part isn't updated as frequently as the paid version, thus you'll find there are films that the paid version will rip, but the free one won't.

It is eventually updated, but on a much slower schedule.

Did I miss anything??

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
      Did I miss anything??

DC

You did GREAT DC !!!

Just one or two adds for start78:

copy protected DVD to my HD without any compression
      Make sure to select DVD9 at the bottom if you want NO compression !!

During the process the status window says "You are going to try "DVD to DVD" Option" although i am ripping to my hard-drive.
      That's normal .... no worries, that just the title of that module, plus there's DVD to Mobile, Blu to Blu, etc. !!

AX
      Last edited by AlienX69; 03-30-2010, 07:24 PM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
        You did GREAT DC !!!

Just one or two adds for start78:

Make sure to select DVD9 at the bottom if you want NO compression !!

That's normal .... no worries, that just the title of that module, plus there's DVD to Mobile, Blu to Blu, etc. !!

AX

Thank you kindly, Mr. AlienX69.

DC

Comment

Thanks so far!

Comment

I have a noob question. My trial period has expired on HD Decrypter. What is the best way to compress the file?

Also, I have stuck with version 6 so I don't have to look at the watermark. Is that a good idea?

Thanks for any help.
            Last edited by morono78; 04-17-2010, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Buy the full version is my only advice.

Version 6 will not be able to handle decrypting new releases.

You honestly do not expect to get the advice that you asked for on this forum, do you?
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Fair enough. I appreciate your advice.

Have a good one,
                Constantine

Comment

Use DVDFab Passkey to decrypt the DVD but wait for it to sasy opened successfully and then with it running you can use DVDShrink to rip and compress the DVD. No need to use the Free DVDFab HD Decryptor that way

Comment

Working...
                  X