Error 87: The paramter is incorrect: D11 is not found in path: Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 87: The paramter is incorrect: D11 is not found in path: Converter

Hi, I only use DVDFab these days to convert content. To strip out tracks I don't want (Which I could easily do with MKVToolnix), and usually to tweak the bits per pixel and change bitrate of audio tracks. I reinstalled Windows 10 yesterday and since then I get this error in the log file;

Code:
    11:18:19   debug: SECTION:LoadDLL()
    11:18:19 warning: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load  with error 87:The parameter is incorrect.
    11:18:19   debug: Dll  was not found in path
    I notice that a folder C:\users\tanya\documents\dvdfab11 exists, if that has any relevance.

I've been reinstalling Windows 10 every couple of months and never had this issue.

Any one know how to fix it?

EDIT: I discovered this error because I loaded a movie into converter and I could not select a profile or change settings, so that's when I checked the log file.

Originally posted by Yanta View Post
    Hi, I only use DVDFab these days to convert content. To strip out tracks I don't want (Which I could easily do with MKVToolnix), and usually to tweak the bits per pixel and change bitrate of audio tracks. I reinstalled Windows 10 yesterday and since then I get this error in the log file;

Code:
    11:18:19 debug: SECTION:LoadDLL()
    11:18:19 warning: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load with error 87:The parameter is incorrect.
    11:18:19 debug: Dll was not found in path
    I notice that a folder C:\users\tanya\documents\dvdfab11 exists, if that has any relevance.

I've been reinstalling Windows 10 every couple of months and never had this issue.

Any one know how to fix it?

EDIT: I discovered this error because I loaded a movie into converter and I could not select a profile or change settings, so that's when I checked the log file.
    is your windows 10 HDD / SSD formatted as NTFS or FAT32 ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

is your windows 10 HDD / SSD formatted as NTFS or FAT32 ??
      NTFS. Always. Kingston KC3000D

Comment

Originally posted by Yanta View Post

NTFS. Always. Kingston KC3000D
        try scanning your drive for corrupted files
        1. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator:
          • Right-click on the Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
          • Alternatively, search for “Command Prompt” in the Start menu, right-click on the result, and select “Run as administrator”.
        2. Type the following command and press Enter: sfc /scannow
          • The SFC tool will start scanning your system files and repairing any corrupted ones it finds.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try scanning your drive for corrupted files
          1. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator:
            • Right-click on the Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
            • Alternatively, search for “Command Prompt” in the Start menu, right-click on the result, and select “Run as administrator”.
          2. Type the following command and press Enter: sfc /scannow
            • The SFC tool will start scanning your system files and repairing any corrupted ones it finds.
          Thanks for that. No errors.
          Also did DISM /scanhealh and chkdsk.

I'll reinstall Windows from scratch again. See if that fixes it.

Comment

No, reinstalling Windows and DVDFab did not resolve the issue.

Comment

The only difference between this installation of Windows and the previous one is that I updated the graphics drivers, so I uninstalled the latest drivers and then installed the drivers from the previous Windows install. Sadly, this did not resolve the problem either

EDIT: I just restored my Windows from the image that was working. OMG!! The Same error is in the log file, but DVDFab is working correctly. So obviously this error is a red herring.

So I have no idea why reinstalling Windows killed DVDFab.

Both Windows are Windows 10 x64 19044-4412 with the exact same versions of the exact same programs.The only difference between the two installations was the GPU driver, which didn't fix the problem

Why would re-installing Windows kill DVDFab? It was a clean installed on a formatted SSD, not an inplace upgrade.
              Last edited by Yanta; Yesterday, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X