This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions

Can someone explain what bd50, bd25, bd9, ect. do? I understand they compress, but what and how much? What is the difference between bd50 and bd9 if they are both 1080P? Is the sound compressed then?

I have a Popcorn Hour A-110, if I copy blu-ray to blu-ray using main movie will it play on it with no other changes? Thanks...........Brian

BD50 is a uncompressed copy of your BD, BD25 is a compressed main movie only at this time of your BD, BD9 is a movie only compressed to a DVD DL blank that is cheaper than BD blanks but can only play in a BD player, BD5 is a movie only compressed to a DVD SL blank that is really cheap but can only play in a BD player. From what I understand sound can not be compressed and will stay at original quality which is why you are supposed to remove the sound tracks you not want or use so you have less compression

Comment

bd9 says it is still 1080P, is this true? How does it make the file so small and still 1080P?

I found the answer to my popcorn hour question, I need to do a blu-ray to MKV.........Brian

Comment

Yes it is and that's what Fab does, compresses it.

You will the need to use Blu-Ray to Mobile for the PCH.

A logo image will be embedded in the files you create until you pay for that module.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Compresses it at what cost? I guess I don't understand if it still is 1080P?.......Brian

Comment

I used blu-ray to mobile, blu-ray to MKV. I tried to play it, it played for a min and then stuttered. It will play in TMT3, so the MKV is good. I am going to try MP4 next. Any one have experience with making files for the PCH?.........Brian

Comment

Moved thread to General Questions.

Comment

I do not know of many users on this forum that have a PCH, so you may get better advice on a PCH forum.

Do you have the PCH connected by wireless. If so, that could be the cause of the stuttering. I have had over 8 years of experience streaming to a variety of media devices and wireless connections alway seem to display these characteristics.

The bitrate is just too much for wireless to handle.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Nope, wired, mkv, was put on a external usb drive.........Brian

Comment

Originally posted by B-Mod View Post
                    Nope, wired, mkv, was put on a external usb drive.........Brian
                    B-Mod
                    MKV is fastest developing container out there. Most of the electronics manufacturers are adding this container in their product. However, because of constant development, frequent firmware update is required. So, I would suggest to check your unit for new firmware.
                    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

PCH is updated to the newest software, issued end of March. It will play the same movie in MP4, and AVI. Of course the fastest one to do is MKV. Arg

Comment

Working...
                      X