X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Help, Can't get Fab7 to start

Hi all,

I just received my new copy of Fab7 (via download) and after getting the registration key entered I click the Start Fab7 button and nothing happens. I get the splash screen for registration, but not the regular screen.

I have loaded and reloaded the software, complete with turning all other programs off and nothing. I used the Fab6 trial and loved it so I ordered Fab7.

Can anyone advise of any work arounds? I run XP Home Edition and I am using a Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-16935. DVDFab6 worked fine so I am amazed that I am having trouble with 7.

Use the procedures outline in the "Registration Key Problems" thread in the "Answers to Common Questions" section of the forum.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

witchrayc
      You can try this as it has worked for others To make DMA work in XP, Right click on My Computer and select Device manager. Browse down to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, and right click on Primary IDE Channel, select Properties and the Advanced settings. Ensure Transfer mode setting is "DMA if available". Click OK and exit...Check for Secondary IDE Channel as well..
      Note: this should only be needed for IDE

If this does not work for you try to install version 6 again and make sure it works and without deleting version 6 install version 7 again as they will be in separate folders. I always do this for all my programs, instead of clicking run I click save then open the folder and right click and install the programs as administrator and never have had 1 problem with any install.
      Post back with results
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Results

I have a new bald spot up top, and there isn't much hair left. I have tried all the information shared except the double loading of Fab6 and Fab7. I'm the only user on my machine so I am always the administrator, but just between you and me I checked again to make sure I wasn't fooling myself. I'll download both today after I get a few hours sleep.

Thanks

Comment

Didn't work, so I guess my problem isn't a Common one. I'm going to bed and dream that this problem is a dream. Although I might not be able to tell reality from a dream and then... Too long of a day.
          Thanks

Comment

witchrayc
            When installing I always do this for all my programs, instead of clicking run I click save then open the folder and right click and install the programs as administrator and never have had 1 problem with any install.
            Make sure to install Fab as administrator even though you are the administrator as it will give Fab all permissions to run.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Just to let everyone know

I just downloaded Fab6 and it copying a disk as I type, so I wonder what the difference is in the newer version Fab7 that isn't wanting to work with XP Home 2002 with SP-2. Hope someone has some news soon because I have no idea how long the trial will run and I did pay for Fab7.

Thanks to all for your help and support

Comment

I think SP3 may help.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

witchrayc
                  Glad something is working
                  Open Fab> click on the blue? top right>click about what does it say for your options?
                  If it says never expire you can just down load and keep both versions installed as said before they will install in different folders.
                  Also you should install SP3
                  Please post back
                  CBR929

Comment

DvdFab7030 is working.

Just to let everyone know that by running the Service Pack 3 for XP cleared up the problem of Fab7 not starting.

Thank you everyone
                    Last edited by AGJ; 04-11-2010, 06:06 AM. Reason: mentioned wrong Service pack! Fixed

Comment

You said that you had SP2???? Sure you didn't install SP3???

Comment

witchrayc
                        Just to let everyone know that by running the Service Pack 2 for XP cleared up the problem of Fab7 not starting.
                        I think you ment to say SP3

Comment

Yes, I meant SP3. I have retarded fingers. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by witchrayc View Post
                            Yes, I meant SP3. I have retarded fingers. Sorry!
                            I fixed it up for you as I read in another thread you updated to SP3 and it worked for you

Comment

Working...
                            X