This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab version 7 - Am I alone on this?

It does not matter whether I am using v7030 or v7040.

Whenever I click on "DVD to DVD" (I have a lifetime license) from the welcome screen, this screen disappears and it takes almost one minute for the application to load. During that time, I noticed DVDFab7 utilizing 50% of my CPU in task manager.

In contrast, version 6 takes about 4 seconds to load. And I never had any such problems with any version of DVDFab prior to v7030.

I tried everything I could to rectify this, like uninstalling all prior versions and cleaning up my registry. But v7 continues to lag upon opening with 50% CPU. And yes, my settings are the same in both v6 and v7. Also I checked DMA so that is not the problem.

It is possible that v7 will work fine once it is loaded, but I am leery about using an upgrade which initally behaves differently from prior versions and consumes so much CPU in loading.

Am I the only one experiencing this long lag?

I loaded the 7.0.4.0 version on my Windows 7 64 bit system. It loads in 3 seconds and just sitting on the desktop uses Ø% of the CPU. So I can't reproduce this issue. Do I understand your issue correctly?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdubin View Post
      Am I the only one experiencing this long lag?
      I believe so...at least this is the first I've heard of it.
      Darn peculiar

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      I loaded the 7.0.4.0 version on my Windows 7 64 bit system. It loads in 3 seconds and just sitting on the desktop uses Ø% of the CPU. So I can't reproduce this issue. Do I understand your issue correctly?
      Ditto...same os also
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

V7035 takes 7 seconds to open on my system.

Have not tried V7040 yet but will this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          90312:

I believe so. But to clarify, I am talking about the time it takes to go from the welcome screen to the actual DVDFab Platinum DVD to DVD screen. This takes about a minute with v7030 (or v7040) and consumes 50% CPU during that time. This in contrast to only four seconds with version6.

Note that my system is Windows XP Pro SP3.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            I believe so...at least this is the first I've heard of it.
            Darn peculiar

Ditto...same os also
            Maineman:

Could it be Windows XP that is affecting version 7?

I would like to hear from other XP users who have v7 installed and let me know if they are experiencing this problem.

Comment

Maineman:

I would like to hear from other XP users who have v7 installed and let me know if they are experiencing this problem.
              I also use XP pro. 7 second to open.
              Have you timed the opening with a second hand to get the exact time.?

Comment

Maineman:

Just checked V7040 and it took 3 seconds to open.
                So it is not XP Pro causing your lag.

Edit to add.. I have now opened V 7040 several times with the min.time of 3 second and the max. of 4 seconds to open.

Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

mdubin, check the "don't show this again" box on the welcome screen and let it load straight to DVD to DVD and let us know. You don't need to go through the welcome screen each time.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Maineman:

Just installed it on an XP Pro SP3 rig....no problems...took about 3 seconds to open.

Definitely try 90312's suggestion
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Maineman:

In answer to your question, I am an XP user with lifetime DVD to DVD licence, I was reluctant to instal and use version 7 but did so the other day in order to copy ''new moon'', I have (so far) had absolutely NO problems, it did take longer to copy than usual but this was probably just because it is a long movie.

Comment

7-8 seconds to open. V 7.0.4.0 in XP Pro

Comment

PS...... Mine is 8-9 seconds, including going via the welcome page.

Comment

3 to 4 seconds.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I not really care how long it takes to open but do care if DVDFab will work like it should and DVDFab works like it should. Now I have noticed a CPU jump when DVDFab is opening but that does not bother me as I have no problems with the program. DVDFab as well starts in around 10 secs but I never timed how long it takes but did notice the longer wait for startup. I'm using Windows 7 64bit

Comment

Working...
                              X