This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there, everyone!

First of all, thanks for the contributions of everyone, mainly for the thread creator that, like me, noticed DVDFab was dropping his internet connection (on his USB GSM modem).

I had this problem before, but just today I could isolate the scenario. Starting DVDFab made my Huawei USB modem (E226) go crazy, the modem would keep on being enabled/disabled on the system repeatedly.

Alright, to make a longer story short: thanks for the guys who already noticed that Win7 wouldn't accept DVDFab on ASPI. I never really tried, I read this post and preferred not to try.

But based on the suspicious drive letters, I tried and had success with another solution, probably should work with previous versions of Windows, but I just tried on my Win7 system: Disk Management. I just removed the drive letter, started DVDFab and ripped an entire DVD flawlessly, with no connection dropping.

If you need a guide (I'm not so detailed, but c'mon, you can do it!):
    • Open My Computer
    • Check what's the drive letter for your modem (should be easy to spot on the large icon view)
    • Open Disk Management with one of these ways:
      • Start > Run > type "diskmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press ENTER
      • On Win7, press the Win key or click the Windows logo and type "disk" (without quotes), you should find something like "Create and format disk partitions"
      • There are other ways, sorry I won't try to list each possible one
    • Locate the drive letter for your modem
    • Right-click on it, there should be an option like "Change drive letter", click it
    • It will show another window with the letters the drive is using, probably just one, if you didn't customize it in any way.
    • Select each one of them and click "Remove"
    • "Magic" is done, you can close the program if you do not intend to use the modem's drive letter again.
    • Open DVDFab, go do your rips and happily keep on browsing during the process. I hope, it worked for me.

Sorry if it seems like a stupid solution, I just needed something that worked. Also, it's a stupid bug from my modem mounting itself as a CDFS (the probable cause) partition. I don't think it's DVDFab's fault, since it finds what it thinks it's a CD/DVD/BD drive.

Hope it works for you guys and also for the future clever searchers.

Comment

Thanks for this Charlie Brown and I wonder if it would work for a majikjack as well but I might give that a try in a few days when I have the time to play with the computer

Comment

Working...
      X