This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to get movies to play

when i download a movie to my computer, how do i get it to play, i open main movie folders and click movie it just tells me to insert disc or push play when i do nothin happens... ive tried it in iso or just copying to mass hard drive... no luck...

Originally posted by jr_nation_88 View Post
    when i download a movie to my computer
    Not sure what you mean? Do you mean rip it from your DVD? If you want to play your video folders you can download VLC it's free and you will find it here http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

my problem is when ive ripped movie from disc and saved to my computer, i cant get them to play...ive tried saving as an iso image file, and as a regular file... neither will play, just says to insert disc...

Comment

The question is, what are you trying to use to play them with?

I'd go with CBR929's suggestion and use VLC.

Comment

what is the file format of the disc you ripped? and what application are you using to play the movie?

anyway have you solved your problem and have tried CBR929 suggestion?
          for my favorite musics

Comment

jr_nation_88
            I copied this from one of my previous posts, seems this should help you:
            "First, rip your DVD/ BD in .ISO format (this format is an image, or essentially a picture of your Blu-ray disc... if it make sense).
            Now, you would need a "virtual drive" that will look at the picture of your BD and interpret it into a "real disc".... Hopefully you are with me so far. DVDFab offering this kind of "drive" calling "DVDFab Virtual Drive". You can download it here: http://72.55.191.8/download/DVDFabVirtualDrive1109.exe
            and install on your computer. When installed, find your .iso, right-click on it and you will see a new option: Mount to D: (E,Y,Z - whichever letter your computer will assign to this drive) with little DVDFab icon next to it. So, mount it. Now, you can go to VLC or any other player (My favorite is Media Player Classic Homecinema) that you may use, select virtual drive (with mounted disc on it) as a source, and enjoy the movie

Originally posted by jr_nation_88 View Post
            my problem is when ive ripped movie from disc and saved to my computer, i cant get them to play...ive tried saving as an iso image file, and as a regular file... neither will play, just says to insert disc...
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
            X