This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best DVD Media To Buy

Who can tell me what is the best DVD Media to record my movies on? One that has a long life and I have very few bad burns to deal with?

Originally posted by Dretsel View Post
    Who can tell me what is the best DVD Media to record my movies on? One that has a long life and I have very few bad burns to deal with?
    Are you asking about SL or DL? Either way, it's Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim. These two having stable good quality. Anything else is a "hit or miss"
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Help

What are the best blank DVD's to use? I have tried many but would like to see what the forum says?

Comment

Verbatim & Taiyo Yuden
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I use only DVD+R 8X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER LACQUER for all my single layer DVD backups and use only Verbatim DVD+R DL made in singapore for all my Double layer back ups.

Comment

threads merged

Comment

Thak you so very much.

Comment

I would say for both SL and DL, Verbatim is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor Bag View Post
                  I would say for both SL and DL, Verbatim is the best.
                  I agree about Verbatim. However, I was fortunate with Sony DVD+R printable from Costco as well.
                  sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

No question about Verbatim DL +R being the only way to go for DL
                    MKM 001 and MKM 003 (MIS) are the gold standard for DL media.

I've always had good luck with Verb SL media, but I do recall some of our neighbors across the pond in the UK
                    had a bit of trouble with verbs awhile back...sorry don't recall the details.

I'm partial to YUDEN000 T02 +R 8X...the best SL stuff on the planet...JMO...

I've always heard good things about sony (made in Japan and Taiwan), ...solid quality
                    except that they tend to be finicky with a fair amount of hardware.
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                    X