Using an ISO for PS3..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using an ISO for PS3..?

I backup all my movies as ISO's. Currently if I want to watch them, I grab the ISO, re-run it back through DVDFab to convert it to a file.

I then load PS3 media center on the PC, then I can access it via the PS3.

I'd really like to cut down on a few steps.

In a perfect world, I could just have PS3 media center loaded, and access the ISO from the PS3, but I have a feeling that isn't possible.
    In a half-perfect world, I'd like to be able to load the ISO into something (be mounted and VLC, or something) and stream it to the PS3.

**breath**..

Or if someone has a better solution for me, I'm all ears. In the end, I'd like to keep the ISO's.. I've thought about having ISO's and the playable files.. but that nearly doubles the storage..

Until there is a fix for iso's on ps3 buy some rewritable disc burn the film you want on your pc play on ps3 save on disc's.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannkor View Post
      I backup all my movies as ISO's. Currently if I want to watch them, I grab the ISO, re-run it back through DVDFab to convert it to a file.

I then load PS3 media center on the PC, then I can access it via the PS3.

I'd really like to cut down on a few steps.

In a perfect world, I could just have PS3 media center loaded, and access the ISO from the PS3, but I have a feeling that isn't possible.
      In a half-perfect world, I'd like to be able to load the ISO into something (be mounted and VLC, or something) and stream it to the PS3.

**breath**..

Or if someone has a better solution for me, I'm all ears. In the end, I'd like to keep the ISO's.. I've thought about having ISO's and the playable files.. but that nearly doubles the storage..
      Just to clarify, you are referring to "ISO's" as the ISO image file and not the backup made from the ISO image file?

My first question would be why do you want to watch your DVD back-ups thru your PS3? You just want to watch them on your TV and you have no other way to view them in that manner? Is it cooler to play using your PS3 than a DVD player?

My next question would be why are you insisting on keeping ISO's on your computer as they take up so much room at around 4.4gb each?

Comment

You are all a bit silly. There are games for 40 GB PS3 not only for comics can contain much information that does not mean that the games are at 40 GB. I managed to break codwaw cod4 and PS3 and both are DVD9 size. 8.4 gigs and is full.The same goes for any game on any system.
        The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

Comment

kimsmarkin: I have no idea what you're trying to say here, but just wanted to add to everyone, how do you know this guy isn't talking about blu rays? For us to be able to help you better Kannkor, we need a little more info. Thanks.
          SPECS
          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Well..

It was quite a few months ago I posted the question. But yes it was in regards to both Blu-ray and DVDs.

To clarify this is what I have working.

DVD ISOs I can play directly no problem.
            Blu-Ray ISOs can't play at all. As far as I know, there is no fix for this at all.

Here is my silly concern...
            I do full original ISOs and put them on my NAS. This way if I need to use any format, I have them available to me to convert if I need them without going back to the original disc. However they are taking up huge amounts of room.. I may start making them all MainMovie ISOs so I still have "most" available to me..

Comment

Working...
            X