This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Single Layer disc error

I have been trying for 3 days to copy "the Blind Side" dvd, each time it will copy to my computer, but when i go to put my blank dvd in my burner, it says that i have a single layer disc and i need a double layer one. it also said that i need to change the setting under the "write" tab to have Dvd 5 set at 2600, so that the program will compress the movie and make it fit on the disc. I had previously Dvd fab 6, just uninstalled it and downloaded the new beta version thinking it would work, same problem. I have windows vista. if anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. thanks

How large are the files ripped to your hdd?
    Does the flick play back ok from the hdd with a software player such as VLC?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

are you using the paid version or free version?

Comment

the free one, i never had this problem before and i have copied tons of movies. the type of dvd i use are the same as i have before with no problems either, they are memorex DVD +R 16X 4.7GB 120 Min

Comment

dmaiello
          You can try to go back into settings and change your size in DVD-5 to 4472, also when you open Fab an it analyzes the disc make sure on the bottom it is set to DVD-5 also.
          If you are using the Free version you will not be able to compress the movie.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

if you are still using the 30 day trial it will compress if you do what CBR929 mentioned but if that trial has run out the free version will not compress and could be why you are getting that message

Comment

no the trial has not run out, i have unitl may 25th, i did change it to 2600, but like i said, i downloaded the new beta version which is 7, and i changed the setting for 5, but there are setting for 6 that i cant change, it saves them, and when the main screen comes up that analyzes the discs it is one dvd 5, so everything is correct, it copy the movie to the computer, it just wont burn it to the dvd...i dunno, i have never had this many problems getting a movie to burn, and like i said i have done tons i have used this program for years..

Comment

Originally posted by dmaiello View Post
                I have been trying for 3 days to copy "the Blind Side" dvd, each time it will copy to my computer, but when i go to put my blank dvd in my burner, it says that i have a single layer disc and i need a double layer one. it also said that i need to change the setting under the "write" tab to have Dvd 5 set at 2600, so that the program will compress the movie and make it fit on the disc. I had previously Dvd fab 6, just uninstalled it and downloaded the new beta version thinking it would work, same problem. I have windows vista. if anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. thanks
                no the trial has not run out, i have unitl may 25th, i did change it to 2600, but like i said, i downloaded the new beta version which is 7, and i changed the setting for 5, but there are setting for 6 that i cant change, it saves them, and when the main screen comes up that analyzes the discs it is one dvd 5, so everything is correct, it copy the movie to the computer, it just wont burn it to the dvd...i dunno, i have never had this many problems getting a movie to burn, and like i said i have done tons i have used this program for years..

you have used this program for years but still have the trial till May 25 and you have had it for the past 3 days. That does not add up to me and I do believe your trial is over and the free version does not compress or burn to DVD

Comment

oh ok, I guess people are not entitled to buy new computers..hum shame on me..well thats what i did, and then I had lost everything on this 1 and had to re-format it, which then let me install the program again. Im sorry that I tried to ask for support on this issue.. I will find another program to use in the future.

Comment

AGJ covered it all
                    Last edited by Jimbo; 04-25-2010, 09:10 PM.
                    Paid Not To Work
                    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                    Proudly Served On
                    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

then I had lost everything on this 1 and had to re-format it,
                      If you reformatted your computer everything is erased, yes you can reinstall everything you had before but, upon reinstalling you will only have the trial of Fab you can read through this http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=879

I have to say Fab is well worth the money that I spent on it considering that it works and support is always here to help.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

oh ok, I guess people are not entitled to buy new computers..hum shame on me..well thats what i did, and then I had lost everything on this 1 and had to re-format it, which then let me install the program again. Im sorry that I tried to ask for support on this issue.. I will find another program to use in the future.
                        If you want something for nothing or wish to find out how to defeat the registration of Fab, please do.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                          How large are the files ripped to your hdd?
                          Does the flick play back ok from the hdd with a software player such as VLC?
                          I tried to help you out, but you didn't answer my questions...post #2 ^^
                          ???

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Maineman, I think this whole thread is a Red Herring as he "has used it for years" and it is the free version.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                              Maineman, I think this whole thread is a Red Herring as he "has used it for years" and it is the free version.
                              Well, it wasn't clear from the initial post, but now it seems he had a system crash, had to format and reinstall windoz...ergo,
                              Fab would begin a new trial.

I'm still curious as to the answers to my original questions...we need details to troubleshoot

Comment

Working...
                              X