This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to Blu-Ray

Looked through Forums and couldn't find an answer. Is it possible to backup a DVD to a BD25? Thx.

DVDFab will not. I believe there is other software out there that will once you get the content into a single VOB file.

The question is, why would you want to?

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post

The question is, why would you want to?
      Yea, really, why??? It just a different container. There will be no change in quality. However, once you re-pack your content into BR container, you will be able to play it only on Blu-ray player.... Unless you have no DVD players left at home - only Blu-rays, it may actually make sense...
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        Unless you have no DVD players left at home - only Blu-rays, it may actually make sense...
        Um... Blu-Ray players can also play DVD.

Comment

Um... U right it make no sense

Originally posted by Complication View Post
          Um... Blu-Ray players can also play DVD.
          Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Yea, really, why??? It just a different container. There will be no change in quality. However, once you re-pack your content into BR container, you will be able to play it only on Blu-ray player.... Unless you have no DVD players left at home - only Blu-rays, it may actually make sense...
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by tjames View Post
            Looked through Forums and couldn't find an answer. Is it possible to backup a DVD to a BD25? Thx.
            Yes, there is a program that allows you to copy SD movies to a BR disc, the advantage is that you can copy many (forgot how many) standard dvd's to a BR disc thus saving you space and money for blank disc
            Paid Not To Work
            US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
            Proudly Served On
            USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
            6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Found it, you can put 10 dvd movies on a BR disc if that is what you ment by your question and not putting a standard dvd movie on a BR disc to try and make it a BR movie
              Last edited by Jimbo; 04-28-2010, 04:53 PM.
              Paid Not To Work
              Proudly Served On
              USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                Found it, you can put 10 dvd movies on a BR disc
                I was trying to make sure he wasn't attempting to "upgrade" his DVD by converting it to BR. He never replied what he was trying to do.

Comment

I know his question sorta left you in the dark about what he was really asking and why
                  Paid Not To Work
                  Proudly Served On

Comment

Working...
                  X