Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Extracting songs from a DVD movie?

Awhile back I thought I had seen a guide here on how to use DVDFab to extract music from a DVD movie. Now I can't find it so I'm wondering if I got mixed up somehow.

So can DVDFab do this? If not, what are good programs that can do it?

BTW, about a week ago I made a similar thread to this one and it seems to have disappeared.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

With DVDFab you can extract soundtrack using "audio only" option in "edit" subwindow. But "music" there you're on your own. Quite frankly, I don't even know your meaning of a "music"

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
    Awhile back I thought I had seen a guide here on how to use DVDFab to extract music from a DVD movie. Now I can't find it so I'm wondering if I got mixed up somehow.

So can DVDFab do this?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Mike89
      You will find it here in this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4640
      Hope this is what you want
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Quite frankly, I don't even know your meaning of a "music"
        Example. I have the DVD movies for both the Beatles "Hard Days Night" and "Help". The songs on those DVDs are really good quality and I'd like to be able to extract them from the DVDs and make an individual mp3 out of each song for my listening pleasure. And yes, I am an old dude.
        Last edited by Mike89; 04-26-2010, 07:10 PM.
        I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

You will be able to obtain the audio track as described above but you will need to use audio editing software to trim out the individual songs.

What I have found with most concert DVDs though is that each number = chapter and if this is the case, you can use the "Split by Chapter" option.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No CBR929,
            it's not what he want. You link is for DVD-audio. He's talking about extracting soundtrack from concert DVD and split it onto individual songs.

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Mike89
            You will find it here in this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4640
            Hope this is what you want
            CBR929
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

GregiBoy,
              it's a good idea. I didn't think about songs being chapters. This way he can save ton of time on soundtrack editing.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              you can use the "Split by Chapter" option.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, IP, you are correct.

Just use an "Audio only" profile to start with.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yeah, you've gotta be quick to beat GregiBoy...

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                  GregiBoy,
                  it's a good idea. I didn't think about songs being chapters. This way he can save ton of time on soundtrack editing.

Comment

That's why you are on a driver's seat !!!

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    Yeah, you've gotta be quick to beat GregiBoy...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post

BTW, about a week ago I made a similar thread to this one and it seems to have disappeared.
                      Thread was deleted as you was asking members to suggest other software to do this. This forum is for DVDfab support not any software/program available on the internet

Comment

Working...
                      X