X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Defective blu-ray discs?

Hi All,

From time to time, people mention they get a defective DVD. Most of the time they don't copy/rip properly. Has anyone ever bought a defective blu-ray movie though?

The reason I ask is because I bought the X-Men trilogy on blu-ray. X2 and X3 play fine but X1 does not. I hit play, it then goes to the 21st Century Fox screen, and then a black screen and freezes while the display says menu. I have been able to play X1 once in about 20 tries on my Samsung BDP 1500 with the newest firmware update.

This is totally unrelated to DVDFab and if this doesn't belong on this forum, I sincerely apologize.

Anakin2Vader
    Yes I have read a few posts and I think 1 was Avatar movie were it was a bad disc.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I think it is a valid question and in the correct sub forum.

Comment

I just find it weird that my player has been able to play both DVDs, DVD-Rs, and other blu-rays with the exception of X1. I will take it back to the store and get it exchanged. Hopefully the replacement will work. If not, something is wrong with my player.

Comment

It happens all the time with both Blu-Ray & DVD's.

I think it is tied in with the studios trying to get the pressings done as cheap as possible and actually seems to be getting worse.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Exchanged it at HMV for another. Now it works perfectly fine.

Comment

Working...
            X