This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is CUDA enabled automatically?

I was wondering if I need to set anything to have DVD Fab utilize my video cards for encoding ect. I saw there were three settings in the av/codec menu that allows you to choose CUDA for video decoder and the for video ENcoder it is set for software + cuda. Is that all that needs to be done?

I only ask because i have Two GTX 295's in quad sli and while copying a blue ray disc it was going really slow...I didn't notice the big increase in performance as i do in other applications that use CUDA. I was thinking maybe i was doing something wrong..

any help would be appreciated..thanks.

Yes, to set DVDFab for CUDA you have to select CUDA and Software + CUDA in general settings under A/V Codec heading.
    Also, you might need to disable SLI. I too have GTX295, but only one card.

CUDA capability in DVDFab is still under development, and it's loooong way to go. On my card, maximum I've seeing was 10-15% load on one GPU and 1-3% on another. At the same time, CPU load is still 90-100%.

So, you do not doing anything wrong, it just a Fab not there yet. Patience please.

Originally posted by jtravapd View Post
    I was wondering if I need to set anything to have DVD Fab utilize my video cards for encoding ect. I saw there were three settings in the av/codec menu that allows you to choose CUDA for video decoder and the for video ENcoder it is set for software + cuda. Is that all that needs to be done?

I only ask because i have Two GTX 295's in quad sli and while copying a blue ray disc it was going really slow...I didn't notice the big increase in performance as i do in other applications that use CUDA. I was thinking maybe i was doing something wrong..

any help would be appreciated..thanks.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Does DVDFAB use SLI? Quad Sli?

I was doing some experimenting with DVD FAB using Blue Ray and noticed that when i turned off Quad sli from my desktop, DVD Fab did not run any quicker or slower.

This leads me to believe that the software is only utilizing one video card for encoding/decoding with CUDA, does anyone know if this is true or not and if so, are there future plans to take advantage of multiple card systems?

I only ask because when i turn on Quad Sli when using a program like Badaboom to covert video, it seriously goes through a movie in what feels like seconds..Im running two gtx 295's and wonder if they are being used to their potential.

My second question, does dvdfab take advantage of multi core processors as well? My i7 should be screaming through these movies and while it is fast considering blue ray are such large files, its not fast enough.

I know DVD fab is relatively new with blue ray as i have owned the software for years and it seems they have come really far as blue ray is concerned. However multicore processors have been out for awhile now..

If anyone is familiar with how its programmed Im interested in finding out. Thanks for any input in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        Yes, to set DVDFab for CUDA you have to select CUDA and Software + CUDA in general settings under A/V Codec heading.
        Also, you might need to disable SLI. I too have GTX295, but only one card.

CUDA capability in DVDFab is still under development, and it's loooong way to go. On my card, maximum I've seeing was 10-15% load on one GPU and 1-3% on another. At the same time, CPU load is still 90-100%.

So, you do not doing anything wrong, it just a Fab not there yet. Patience please.
        thanks for the quick response. You pretty much answered my question i posted in another thread..90-100% load on the cpu is definately not good when utilizing CUDA. the whole point is to offload that work onto the GPU's. Well its good to know that if we have decent performance now with it not working properly, once it gets ironed out performance will jump considerably. Especially if you compare it to how othe CUDA enhanced apps are going right now.

So you think i should disable sli? Would running all four GPU's put more strain on the CPU? It would be nice if Each CPU core running with HT on ran with each GPU independantly..lol...I would have a BR movie done in 20 minutes..lol

Comment

Theads merged.

Comment

Working...
          X