This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

merge mode question

I tried the Merge mode and it was easy to do, but how do I preserve the quality? Even though I am writing to VIDEO_TS folders that I'll be viewing on the PC (media center), it is forcing it to DVD9 file size. Can I disable that restriction somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Hijack of a 3 month old dormant thread moved to a thread of its own.

Comment

No you can't.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by daiei27 View Post
        I tried the Merge mode and it was easy to do, but how do I preserve the quality? Even though I am writing to VIDEO_TS folders that I'll be viewing on the PC (media center), it is forcing it to DVD9 file size. Can I disable that restriction somehow?

Thanks in advance!

As an addendum to GregiBoy's comment... DVD9 is the best quality available, as it reproduces the DVD with the same quality as the original... why would you want to change that??

The quality is being automatically preserved...

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
          As an addendum to GregiBoy's comment... DVD9 is the best quality available, as it reproduces the DVD with the same quality as the original... why would you want to change that??

The quality is being automatically preserved...

DC

You're assuming I am trying to send it to disc.

The original thread that I "hijacked" was about trying to combine 2 LOTR extended discs. The problem is, each disc is DVD9 so combining them to a DVD9 means compression is needed so quality is not preserved. Since I, like many people, am ripping them for viewing on a media center, I would like to combine them without limiting file size.

Sounds like Gregi answered my question, though. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Working...
          X