This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error 400

I am suddenly getting task1 failed Error 400. Could somebody please tell what this is and what I can do about it.

400 DVD_Error_TrancoderError
    For better interpretation of this error and finding a solution you have to post all information following these guidelines:

I assume you using DVD to DVD (you didn't even provide this information). If not,please go to appropriate subforum and follow "Help us to help you" section.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Error 400 is usually associated with the volume name having invalid characters ore being too long.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

error 400

Thank you for replying. I am new at this and am sorry I did not give all the info about what I was trying to do. I was using DVD to DVD and was trying to copy a North and South DVD when I received the error 400 message. Do you know of any solution to this problem because I just got it again copying Quarantine.

Thank You
        dstoudty

Comment

Originally posted by dstoudty View Post
          Thank you for replying. I am new at this and am sorry I did not give all the info about what I was trying to do. I was using DVD to DVD and was trying to copy a North and South DVD when I received the error 400 message. Do you know of any solution to this problem because I just got it again copying Quarantine.

Thank You
          dstoudty
          The North and South series is an old release have you tried turning off Pathplayer for this one?

Post a log so we can see what is happening.
          Last edited by Guest; 05-15-2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

dstoudty

Did you get this error at the beginning or end of the copying phase?

If you received it at the end without exiting out of Fab browse to the temp folder where Fab has stored the movie (The default location is:
            C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp and either Full disc or Main movie what ever function you did) and open it up, you should see your movie there and it will be intact, you can then burn it to media.

Hope this helps
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

dstoudty,
              What language of your Windows are you running. Destination directories must be in english only. Please check your directories and set them from whatever language to english. It should solve your 400 error.

Originally posted by dstoudty View Post

Thank You
              dstoudty
              sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have started having this problem since upgrading to newest version. As far as I know everything is selected as English. Any suggestions?

Comment

OK, lets do this, I will list all most common causes of this error, and you check every one of them. If nothing works, we'll think something else.
                  As it said in previous posts, Error 400 associated with illegal characters (not only in volume name).
                  - Most of the posts about this error comes from users who run foreign-language Windows, they install DVDFab choosing their language and DVDFab builds directories in computer-native language, which later can't recognize nor accept. Something for Fengtao to fix in a future.
                  - Even though DVDFab seems giving you an option of output directories, Temporary directories, sound, etc. it has very short temper towards any changes, particularly Temp. So, please go through settings and restore defaults. If you don't know or remember, you can uninstall and install again, register and run "as Administrator".
                  - Illegal characters in file name, or volume name. If you have file with name in foreign language or consisting illegal characters, please rename file outside DVDFab, before opening it.
                  Please try and let me know.
                  sigpic

Comment

@IPopov50

Something for Fengtao to fix in a future.
                    This was supposedly fixed in DVD Fab7 as it was discovered in Fab6 by me, and brought to his attention and had tested it in Fab7 see my post#6.
                    All information is there at the end of the copy process in Fabs temp folder if you receive this message at the end

Have a hunch about something else I saw earlier going to look for that thread now
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Well, the Temp directory probably fixed, foreign language directory was not... posts about error 400 still showing up.
                      And what I was saying "to fix in a future" is to create correct english-language directories even if Fab runs from foreign-language installer.
                      Moderators on foreign forums even having "Error 400 fix" in their signatures

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      @IPopov50

This was supposedly fixed in DVD Fab7 as it was discovered in Fab6 by me, and brought to his attention and had tested it in Fab7 see my post#6.
                      All information is there at the end of the copy process in Fabs temp folder if you receive this message at the end

Have a hunch about something else I saw earlier going to look for that thread now
                      CBR929
                      sigpic

Comment

@IPopov50
                        Somethings Changed
                        I just did some testing and it seams that any illegal characters in the volume label will error 400 in the beginning of the copy process and not at the end any more?? Used 7.0.5.5 installing latest beta now will test again
                        CBR929

Ws€Â´‰XøŒÃ 

㤐y
                        Last edited by CBR929; 05-17-2010, 03:33 AM. Reason: text

Comment

Update latest beta 7.0.5.8 failed also???
                          CBR929

Comment

Which is actually good - at least you would know ahead of time.
                            What really happened was in a past DVDFab didn't referenced to volume name and begin process to a Temp directory, and when process is done, Fab was referencing to volume name to create file name in output directory and oops! happened at that time and Error 400 were shown...
                            After being fix, Fab is referencing to volume name first and demonstrate its disagreement right away. Again, it's how I see it.

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                            @IPopov50
                            Somethings Changed
                            I just did some testing and it seams that any illegal characters in the volume label will error 400 in the beginning of the copy process and not at the end any more??
                            CBR929
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                              Which is actually good - at least you would know ahead of time.
                              What really happened was in a past DVDFab didn't referenced to volume name and begin process to a Temp directory, and when process is done, Fab was referencing to volume name to create file name in output directory and oops! happened at that time and Error 400 were shown...
                              After being fix, Fab is referencing to volume name first and demonstrate its disagreement right away. Again, it's how I see it.
                              Correction in 6 it would reference to the temp directory first.
                              BETA TESTING Fab7, in testing it would reference temp directory second
                              Now it has returned back to referencing temp directory first
                              CBR929
                              Last edited by CBR929; 05-17-2010, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X