This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Default Folder?

I changed my settings in DVDFab to use another drive on my system for Temp and Log folders.

Everytime I start DVDFab it still re-creates the default folders:
    C:\Users\username\Documents\DVDFab
    C:\Users\username\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    It leaves these folders empty and uses the folders I setup on my other drive but even if I delete them it just creates them then next time I start DVDFab.

Is there a way I can tell DVDFab to stop creating the empty folders in the original "My Documents" location?

Originally posted by thegreatnorth View Post
    I changed my settings in DVDFab to use another drive on my system for Temp and Log folders.

Everytime I start DVDFab it still re-creates the default folders:
    C:\Users\username\Documents\DVDFab
    C:\Users\username\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    It leaves these folders empty and uses the folders I setup on my other drive but even if I delete them it just creates them then next time I start DVDFab.

Is there a way I can tell DVDFab to stop creating the empty folders in the original "My Documents" location?

Unfortunately, no.

That part of the program is 'hard wired' to do just that, and setting up similar folders on another drive is duplicating what the program has already done, and is slightly slowing down your rip, as it now has 2 folders to write to (since I assume your source is now the 'new' temp folder you created).

The Log files are still going to be stored on C:\ drive, as that is what it's programmed to do.

The 'Temp' file on C:\ drive is erased every time you press 'Finish' at the completion of a task ( a good reason to write to another folder if you want to preview before you write to a blank DVD or use the 'Mobile' option), but the Log files will always be stored on C:\ (unless the author changes that in the future).

And we need to see those logs if you have any further problems with the program, so please don't keep erasing them...

DC

P.S. Unless you've changed the defaults in 'Settings', in which case the creation of those folders in your C:\ drive doesn't use any space, but may cause confusion down the road, as when we need info, we always refer people to the program default locations...
    Last edited by DarthCopier; 05-12-2010, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I had a bad feeling it was hard-coded...

Comment

Working...
      X