This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some parts of the dvd menu don't work

hi im trying to copy a movie called "friday the 13th part 1" as a full disk. it will copy properly but when i go to play it on a dvd player the "scene selections" and language menu doesnt work by that i mean when i select it and press "enter" nothing happens but the movie works fine. i tried it on different dvd players and the same thing keeps happening. . by the way im using the latest version of dvdfab. when i copy other dvd movies all the menu options work fine its just with this particular movie that some of the menu options dont work when i copy it.

could it be a setting? how do i fix this so that the scene selections menu and language menu work? thanks!
    Last edited by liveadream; 05-12-2010, 10:06 PM.

Try with Pathplayer Disabled to see if that works as this movie is an old one and might not require the use of Pathplayer

Comment

do you need path player on?

like in my other post one guy suggested to turn pathplayer off when burning dvds coz some parts of the burnt dvd menu wouldnt work with it on. but what does pathplayer do anyway? do you really need it on? can you still burn dvds with it off? plz explain.

Comment

Read this........

Comment

Your two threads have been merged.

Comment

yes!!! turning pathplayer off worked. now the menus work. why is that??? can i leave it off? by that i mean will it effect future dvds i burn??

Comment

Pathplayer is not necessary for some older titles and gets confused as they do not have the copy protection of new releases.

If it doesn't work with Pathplayer on, always try it with off & vice versa.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Just like GregiBoy mentioned newer DVDs require pathplayer. I usually Disable pathplayer for movies made in the early 90's and older but it could be Disabled for movies from 2005 and older as well. How I check to see if pathplayer is required or not is to check out the MB at the bottom where it shows quality for compression. Then I go to computer and check the DVD drive to see how much GB is shown for the DVD. If DVDFab shows less than the actual DVD has then I Disable pathplayer but this does not work for newer DVDs that were made from 2006 and newer

Comment

Working...
                X