This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Release dates.

I am just curious, no sinister reason for asking, especially as I don't even have a bluray player or copy blurays.

Here in Australia anyway, blurays are usually released after DVDs, sometimes quite some time later.

Does anyone know why?

Just curious whether it is a technical reason, just marketing, or what?

Probably not enough cheap labor in a sweatshops to press enough copies.... Who knows... I could never understand studios' marketing maneuvers. There are so many factors in entertainment game... sometimes, their actions looks so idiotic, but when you get known what really behind that decision, it make sense, and sometimes they are truly idiotic, without any excuse.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

In Sweden they are released on the same date, so it sounds as a marketing thing if they delay Blu-ray releases.

Comment

Interesting, thank you.

I wonder why they do it here then for most issues?

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
          I wonder why they do it here then for most issues?
          For the buckaroos
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Do they really expect people to first buy the DVD version and then some time after, buy the same movie in Blu-ray?

Comment

Yep, and they will. Look at the Avatar... They released it and everybody get one... for Christmas, somewhere in november they said they will release 2-disc special collectors edition, and bunch will buy it too.... and oh... guess what, next year they will release 3D edition, and everybody will buy that one too. Same thing with say Toy Story - they about to release third, and first two already out there, bundled together - a reminder what that was about, and later they will bundle all three of them and sell again
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Surely it is not ONLY Australia where they do this?

And yes they do sometimes have different editions come out, sometimes in special collectors tins, or with special features.

However it is just the normal DVD and bluray I was curious about.

As an example both Planet 51 and Cloudy with Meat Balls are due to be released here May 31 on bluray, just normal editions on bluray, but the DVD versions of both of these were released here weeks ago.

Comment

Avatar was out last week here and both DVD and Blu-ray was released on the same day.

Comment

Yup, same in the US
                    But wait, that's not all...
                    Soon we will be inundated with the Special Edition release promoting all those essential special features.

But wait, that's not all...
                    Next it will be the 3D Edition.

And on and on it goes just as IPopov50 said
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                    X